Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife really wanted to take the "new truck" to work today. Of course I let her....

On the drive home across the Ohio Turnpike something "flew up from under the car in front" of her, and shattered a good 15% of the winshield. It also bent the antenna (which I easily straightened out) and left a residue of a rubber type substance where it bounced up the hood.

Please no comments on her or her driving here...

I need to know what the best plan to replace the winshield is. Deductable is $500 so I am not going to go that route.

Should I pay the extra money for factory glass? Or just go with an aftermarket piece?

Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
321 Posts
Aftermarket windshield?? Thats new to me. I'm not sure they made those, and even if they do...whats the point?? Weight redux on a 5000 pound truck??

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Sounds like a rubber tire hit it. I dont know where you are but in FL the insurance has to pay the full price "NO DEDUCTIBLE" if the windshield is broken. You might want to check into it and get the origional winshield put in.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
That sucks.
SOunds like the bill is going to be yours.
On a new truck no less.
Glad she didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know my insurance company do not count broken glass towards decutable. they will replace it for free. i have allstate and ive had a couple windows replaced in my old 05 frontier. but guess depend on the company. my personaly opinion is to go back factory ive not had good luck wth aftermarket windshields.hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can have full glass coverage without a deductible, the deductible would just apply when you have a collision or comphrehensive claim, just depends what you bought for a policy. There is aftermarket and OEM glass available for most vehicles, it's a good possiblilty that your insurance would have an aftermarket windshield installed if available. You can call a local glass company to compare the prices. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your concern. Thank God she is ok, a little scared and a little weepy but safe none the less.

Talked to Geico. They wont do a thing without the $500 deductible paid first. Is is safe to go with an OEM like a "Safe Lite Auto Glass" or should I put in a Nissan winshield?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ISBB said:
Duck tape..
its duct* tape

but good idea if it werent the windsheild... and go aftermarket.. my neighbor installs aftermarket windsheils for his daily job and they sell alot of em

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
An aftermarket windshield without insurance should cost less than $500.
Call Safelite and ask how much without insurance. Their glass is fine to use.
Glad your wife is well, it could have been any one of us.
Ask Geico how much a $100 deductible would be for comprehensive coverage.

Clint

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I had mine replaced for free in Florida I requested the price difference of an OEM Nissan windshield and it was only $36.00. I was supposed to pay that difference but when they installed it I never got a bill from neither Progressive nor SafeLite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts