Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light has been on for some time now. When I accelerate in a slow manor, my truck acts normal, as soon as I reach about 2500 rpms, my truck will jerk then choke. Right after that, the truck will misfire/backfire then slow way down. It died several times when at an idle at a stop sign. I cannot exceed 60 mph. What do you think is wrong? It is not my catalytic converters which have been checked.

My thoughts were either the Throttle position sensor or mass air sensor but I went to nissan to ask for the new tps and they did not have that part. They said that you can only but the throttle body itself. I was going to get a dyno but when money is tight id rather have a different perspective.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
IDPM maybe?

·
Super Moderator
163,744 Posts
You need to pull the codes it's throwing. Autozone, or another car parts place will usually do this for you free.

·
Registered
969 Posts
MAF? 2500 rpm is nissans universal limp mode limiter. a dead maf will cause it go into such.

2 of my previous nissans did that with that particular part faulty. since you already thought of that, try to confirm it :) get the codes read but sometimes a bad maf will not throw a CEL for itself but will result in another code since the computer gets confused.

yes the throttle body is one unit, but thats the idle control which isn't you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I have a K&N cold air intake which i stripped all the way down and cleaned, cleaned the maf sensor, checked the o2 sensors, spark plugs, and pedal travel sensor. Well somewhere down those lines my truck is running well. Thanks for the posts guys!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
when i first put my AEM intake in, my truck did the same thing. I'm shooting for the air censor as well. it was pretty cheap fix too. good luck

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol thats so funny, sorry I forgot to mention on this listing that it was my laptop that I took the video with. For some reason the image is flipped so it makes everything different. Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive got a question for underglow or wheel well led kits, are they legal to drive on the street? I live in colorado and use to have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 big horn edition with blue led wheel well kits and never got pulled over for it. then again i never crossed a cop in it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.