Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..I have a Kenwood DDX712 headunit.

Someone broke into my truck about 8 months ago and tried to take it but couldnt. Anyways, I got it working again but there is a password to enter. I dont remember ever adding a password to it so maybe it did it on its own when the person tried to pry it out of my dash. Ive been all over Kenwoods sight and searched all over the net. Kenwood wants it shipped to them so they can fix it.

Anyways, does someone know how to bypass the password thing>????

·
Registered
909 Posts
You had to have set it up when you installed. It. The security feature does not automaticly set itself. You have to turn it on and set the pin # yourself. Good luck. No way around it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You had to have set it up when you installed. It. The security feature does not automaticly set itself. You have to turn it on and set the pin # yourself. Good luck. No way around it.
Not what I wanted to hear...:)

a guy here at work wants to buy it but I have to get this password thing off. I cant for the life of me remember ever setting one. I only use one password for all my computers and such...it didnt work.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I found this...It's not for the same model, but many times manufacturers use similar reset procedures cross model. Can't hurt to try :dunno:

KENWOOD SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure

Your radio will require one of the following procedures.

Type 1
During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that “…” disappears).
Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 2
Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".

Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 3
Model# DPX-4020 and DPX-4030
Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you "favorite" radio stations). "C" should display.
Then using your remote, enter your code.

Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is 5227 (KCAR)

* Press numeric key “5” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “2” ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “2” ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “7” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!

Also found this:

u need to reset the system first by pressing the small button right next to <ATT> using a ball point pen or something pointed... once it reboots, keep the <SRC> button pressed till the display goes off, then while keeping the <SRC> button pressed, press the <ATT> button for 3 seconds, while keeping both of these pressed at the same time, press the small <RESET> button next to the <ATT> button using something sharp... this hard resets the system and it reboots to a blank screen, press the <SRC> button once and you have all the options working...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I will try these.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found this...It's not for the same model, but many times manufacturers use similar reset procedures cross model. Can't hurt to try :dunno:

Also found this:
That last one about the hard reset worked....thanks for the tips. Just sold it for $300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts