Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put off having the wiring harness in my King Cab rear door changed for years. I then got the AC condenser leak in my floor board and took my truck in to have all recalls done. The stealership decided to do me a favor and flash my truck to remove check engine code. I HAD a Bully Dog on it and now its gone. I have DT Headers, no Cats, AEM Dry open filter and a SpinTech SSPro exhaust. I assume I'm S.O.L on the bully dog.

So is there anything I can do to recoup the BD tune? If not, my truck runs like crap now so is the BD the way to go or is there a better tune for my set up? Not concerned with cost if there is a superior chip out there.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I assume you no longer have the BDGT tuner?

To get the best out of a set of headers, get uprev!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you no longer have the BDGT tuner?

To get the best out of a set of headers, get uprev!
I still have the BD tuner, but it now has my trucks stock data stored in it. I know this because I tried to tune my QX56 and it jus had stock data on it.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Call BULLYDOG, most of the time they will just reflash your programer for about half price!

·
Registered
324 Posts
...The stealership decided to do me a favor and flash my truck to remove check engine code. I HAD a Bully Dog on it and now its gone.
Did you ASK the dealer to remove the engine code?

I'd think you would have at least a somewhat valid argument that the dealer should compensate for its replacement, if you didn't ask to have that done to your truck while it was in for the recalls. I know I would be upset if the dealer started doing things to MY truck w/o my knowledge/approval. I assume you are not worried about them knowing about your truck being tuned w/ regards to warranty issues, since you already have the headers, cats, exhaust, etc...?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You learned your lesson the hard way. Always re-flash to stock before going to the dealership FOR ANYTHING!

Reactions: Pops and tuffmag

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You learned your lesson the hard way. Always re-flash to stock before going to the dealership FOR ANYTHING!
Thats the best policy. I had done it before but was in a hurry and thought they were doing a door harness it would be cool. Live and Learn

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, where is the best place to get the Uprev? I live in Oklahoma, I did a serch and a place in Tulsa showed up,called the # was not working and website is gone so they may be gone. Is this somthing like the BD that I can install or is it better if you go to a tuner? Also is it hand held or something I put on my lap top?

thanks for the help....

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
I still have the BD tuner, but it now has my trucks stock data stored in it. I know this because I tried to tune my QX56 and it jus had stock data on it.
You ARE aware that BD Tuners are locked to a particular vehicle once it's tuned to it right? You wouldn't have been able to tune the QX56 regardless until you flashed your truck back to stock. Call BD tech or cust. service. They may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Uprev is not a handheld device, it's on your laptop. I don't have it yet, but I believe they email you the tune and you load it via your laptop.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dito on the re-flash prior to taking to dealership

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You ARE aware that BD Tuners are locked to a particular vehicle once it's tuned to it right? You wouldn't have been able to tune the QX56 regardless until you flashed your truck back to stock. Call BD tech or cust. service. They may be able to help you out.
Yeah, i am aware of that. Always try stuff just to see if it was true. I got it a few years ago and many people had question on if you could flash other trucks so we tried it. It did allow us to do the timing advance on the QX, a few buddies Titans and a dude I met at a gas station who gave me $20 to advance his QX :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats the going price on the Uprev ?

·
Registered
745 Posts
your going to need to probably send the Bully Dog back to have the stock tune removed and the performance tunes put back in the programmer. It will probably cost a small amount, but nothing compared to the cost of Uprev... The going cost of Uprev is near $700, which to me is just out of control for a tune. Most other performance car on the planet you can get custom made tunes and dyno time for less than $500, Uprev is totally taking advantage of being the only company that can custom tune your ride.

Call there Tech. line and speak to someone and tell them whats going on. Its more common then you think...

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
your going to need to probably send the Bully Dog back to have the stock tune removed and the performance tunes put back in the programmer. It will probably cost a small amount, but nothing compared to the cost of Uprev... The going cost of Uprev is near $700, which to me is just out of control for a tune. Most other performance car on the planet you can get custom made tunes and dyno time for less than $500, Uprev is totally taking advantage of being the only company that can custom tune your ride.

Call there Tech. line and speak to someone and tell them whats going on. Its more common then you think...
Uprev is 500 now

·
Registered
745 Posts
Even still, thats pretty overpriced for what your getting...

Diablo sport makes multi tune chips for alot of the domestic muscle cars for $465 tuned on the dyno with multiple tunes installed and not an over the net type tune or self tune with no dyno or oxygen sensor AFR tuning done on the road.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Call Bullydog, this isn't the first time this has happened....

UpRev actually does have a HandHeld Tuner available now for like $700 but that's just for the device, any base maps or eTunes cost another $50/each...

Osiris

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Osiris Tuner is Uprev's custom ecu rom tuning software, NOT a handheld. You have to install it onto a laptop and either tune it yourself or take it to a tuning shop and let them tune it for you. Osiris isn't overpriced compared to the others. HPtuners is 649 for the pro version (similar to Osiris Tuner) and the standard version is 499. EFILive is more expensive so no, it's not overpriced. People need to quit whining and stop being cheap azzes ffs!! You want the best, you gotta pay to play........simple as that. Hell, considering they are the ONLY custom tuning solution for Nissan vehicles, be glad they are priced @ what they are. They COULD charge much more since there is no competition, so I'm thankful that they are priced the way it is.

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Osiris Tuner is Uprev's custom ecu rom tuning software, NOT a handheld. You have to install it onto a laptop and either tune it yourself or take it to a tuning shop and let them tune it for you. ...
Thanks, I thought that Osiris Standard allowed you to do that already...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts