Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever i drive my T and make a right turn or hit a bump while turning or backing out of my driveway im getting a loud thud, so i look underneath to see if anything was wrong, and somehow my sway bar has like slid over or something to the right side and the cst end link is rubbing and causing damaging to the bottom of my coilovers, can anyone tell me what i should do or maybe what could be causing this problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
You flipped your sway bar. Take it off, you'll thank us later.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
take off your sway bar!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You flipped your sway bar. Take it off, you'll thank us later.
Doesn't look flipped to me. If it was flipped the end link would be horizontal, pointing forward. Their length can be adjusted but they look fine to me.

Now as for the swaybar rubbing on the coil overs, if you want to fix it, try loosening the bolts that hold it on, (replace the bushings if they look bad too), slide it to the correct position and torque the bolts to spec.

I took my bar off because I was getting some annoying side to side rocking on bad roads, but afterwards my wife pointed out that she was getting thrown around with it off, and I started noticing that aspect of it a little. :dunno:
Also, the bars do stabilize high speed sharp cornering. I switched out my backup Bilstein HD's plus 2.5" leveling kit for my DRE, (Icon), coilovers, and they seem to have minimized the negatives, but I went ahead and got new bushings, (~$5 each at Nissan), and adjusted the the PRG OEM to 5" endlinks a little, so hopefully the rocking won't return, and it will appease the passengers.

I now have about 7/16" of thread showing, about double where it was. I've never seen a post or anything on how to properly set the endlinks, but I guess trial and error. Mine look like the CST ones but are shorter. So hopefully I'll get the bar back on this weekend. Might crank the coilovers one more turn as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you I'm taking the truck into the shop tomorrow I'm going to have them look at it and take my sway bar off. If it's to unstable while im driving I will get new bushings and put it back on.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thank you I'm taking the truck into the shop tomorrow I'm going to have them look at it and take my sway bar off. If it's to unstable while im driving I will get new bushings and put it back on.
It's literally 4 bolts and two nuts to take off. Maybe takes 5 min max to do. If you don't like how it rides after testing it for the day then go with plan B like 4x4 posted.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Yah, I've run mine with links removed, but the bar just turned forward and zipped tied with some heavy duty ties to the round bumper supports. [Just for a couple of weeks to check it out]. I did have to jack the front up to get the bar to turn forward past the pockets on the LCA, but that would also be a good time to measure how much UCA to coil bucket clearance you have, (front tires off the ground and struts extended).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well last time when i tried installing my coils, my buddy and I couldnt get the bolt off of the endlinks because we didnt have a breaker bar and i went and tried last night and i kno i could get the bolts and nuts off of the middle of the sway bar but those end links are on there tight, I have a question though, if i crank up my coils to the 3" of preload will the truck require another alignment, the shop always tells me i need one and im not too sure i do.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Anytime the lift is raised or lowered 1/2" or greater you need to check the toe, at least.
See the last page of the ORG leveling kit installation instructions, for instructions on checking the Toe. http://performancelifts.com/installation/prg/PRGLKINST.pdf

It is just under the "Congratulations!"

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I def need help now, I'm done with this local shop I took the truck in there because I wanted to have my coils set higher and have them look at the sway bar. They told me my radflo extended length coils weren't meant for my cst lift and that Greg doesnt know what he's talking about, wow a bunch of bs, I never want to take my truck in there again. M1key would you be able to help me take my sway bar off and do you have a spanner wrench so we could crank these coils up?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts