Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new 2008 Titan KC SE, Big Tow, Utiltrac bed. My two issues are that my old 2005 Titan KC SE had an external temperture display, my 08 does not the owners guide says it is in the homelink rearview mirror attempting the procedures in the manual to get it to display have not been successful.

Additionally the information center on the dash has only two functions door open closed and washer fluid. My buddies has like six or seven things like temp and MPG and so on his SE.

What should I address with the dealer as a warranty issue and what is just bad luck for not checking before driving off the lot?

If I got screwed on these features is there a mod or part I can order to get them?

Thanks for the assistance.:futwice:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cpaul said:
I think it is in the dash display. In the message center of your instrument cluster.
Yea that is were it suppose to be but when you press the info button the only options I get are washer fluid and doors closed.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
might be part of the power seat preferred package, did you get that? I have all of the functions, and that is one of the packages I have that you don't have listed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My '08 SE CC LWB with front power bench has the same issue - only the door open and washer fluid shows up in the info. center and toggling the compass does not ever provide a temperature reading. I am not sure if the bench versus buckets have anything to do with it (i.e., the lack of center console with the bench?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. I just bought an 08 titan two weeks ago and the one i test drove had all of those features mentioned above in the info display screen. I decided to buy a different one than the one i test drove and didn't realize i only had the door open and the washerfluid warning. I spoke to the salesman about it and he told me that those miles per gallon features etc. only show up when the fuel tank is low. Is this true or is he just tellin me that so i won't bother him? anyone know what i should do to fix this?? or am i SOL?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 08 KC SE . In the odometer cluster there are 2 buttons, 1 on left for trip and other on right for info center witch has outside temp,mpg. average mpg and more.

·
Registered
785 Posts
evotivo said:
I have the same problem. I just bought an 08 titan two weeks ago and the one i test drove had all of those features mentioned above in the info display screen. I decided to buy a different one than the one i test drove and didn't realize i only had the door open and the washerfluid warning. I spoke to the salesman about it and he told me that those miles per gallon features etc. only show up when the fuel tank is low. Is this true or is he just tellin me that so i won't bother him? anyone know what i should do to fix this?? or am i SOL?
I think we're SOL, my XE only displays the door/washerfluid normally and the gas alert only when low on fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts