Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 titan 2wd, just got a great deal on some wheels that already have 35s on them prob. is they need new tires so I am on a budget to lift my truck. So far I have read installing 08+ 4x4 coils with bl 5100 shocks? I also been looking at the rough country 3 in kit which comes with 3 in spacer, new upper a arms, sway bar links and ball joints. That kit runs $280 but still not enough, can I do this kit with the 08 4x4 coils for the additional 2 in? or is the 08 coils with the bl shocks enough to clear 35s if so what size rear block do i need. Body lift is out of the ? its a 1000 bucks installed around here.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
What is the width and backspacing of the wheels?

A couple of members got the RC kit, and when they measured the spacer, it was only 1.5" ... which means there's were really 2.5" leveling kits, not 3".

The 5100's and PRG 1.5" leveling kit plus the '09 4x4 coils would be a better setup and no coil bucket contact with the stock UCA's on most '04-'07 Titans. You'd get at least 4" out of it and with the right rim clear some 35's.

If you get those HD struts, they are about the same as the 5100's but just not adjustable. For them, a 2" PRG leveling kit plus the '09 4x4 coils would be a great setup on the '06. Do you also have an '09? Your sig indicates an '09 but your post an '06 ...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. If i did the prg, bl 5100 and the 09 coils would I need to do a rear block to keep it level? I sold my 09, bought a 09 charger but v6 sold it and got another titan. I was looking at a 09 pro 4x but really didnt want that high payment so I found the 06 for a good price and went with it.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Hard to say. The plain '09 4x4 coils, (not the Pro-4x version), should give you around an inch and a half, maybe two inches, but there are some guys saying they are getting 4" and even 5", with them and just the 5100's on the bottom 1/2" setting ... no leveling kit. Maybe with a Pro-4x long bed version of the coils.

2.5" is supposed to be level on your Titan, but especially if you have the Big Tow leafs, (overload spring is different), then 3" for very level. So maybe try it, let it settle, get an alignment, and get a block if you need it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so whats the diff. in 09 4x4 coils and 09 pro4x coils?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Longer coil than the '08+ 4x4 coil, so more even more preload to fit on the Bilsteins which were designed for the shorter '04-'07 coils. They might have a higher spring rate as well, but Idk.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you know the lenght of the 09 4x4 coils? That way i can verify I get the right ones.

and I have a fellow t member offering me his 07 4x4 coils, the spacers off his procomp 6 in kit with the lift brackets and extended sway bar links. Sounds like this would work just need shocks which i was gonna do anyhow plus the rear blocks. whats your advise on this?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I dont think you need all that to tell you the truth. My truck stock came with 33's and than I put 35's shortly after...check the link in my sig for info.

Sounds like you want my set up

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
do you know the lenght of the 09 4x4 coils? That way i can verify I get the right ones.

and I have a fellow t member offering me his 07 4x4 coils, the spacers off his procomp 6 in kit with the lift brackets and extended sway bar links. Sounds like this would work just need shocks which i was gonna do anyhow plus the rear blocks. whats your advise on this?
No, but there's a thread with the correct p/n I'll look for later.

I dont think you need all that to tell you the truth. My truck stock came with 33's and than I put 35's shortly after...check the link in my sig for info.

Sounds like you want my set up
What's your setup? Might not work with his rims. Width and backspacing is everything. Even bracket lifted Titans have to cut the wheel wells up with the wrong rims.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am running 35x12.50x18 wheels are 18x10 but I cant tell what number is the backspacing, This whole lift thing is really starting to confuse me so many options, some things work for some people and not others. If I was to use the 5" spacer from procomp do I need to do anything to my spindles?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You can't use the PC spacers w/o the pc spindles and PC drop bracket, (the complete kit).
With a 10" width rim you will definitely need a bracket lift, plus probably coilovers, or have to run a very small tire. Best to dump those, and get something closer to stock. Or even run your stock rims and 35s. with a leveling kit and trimming 35's could be done. But IMO, unless you get aftermarket gears alike a 3.73 ratio, (and none are available for the 4x4's front diff), stay around 33.5" as the maximum.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just double checking so i can order my coils do i need the 09 4x4 coils or the 09 pro4x coils for the most lift?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Most lift is the Pro 4x, but some have complained of too stiff of a ride with them, because of the extra preload to fit them into the same space.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the help i got the 09 4x4 springs on order today from oreillys be here tomorrow, ordered new ncd 2.5 spacers tonite as well $72!! free s/h. the local 4wheelparts store hase my bl5100 i need in stock for 102ea. Now I just need to figure out what size rear block i need. i am thinking a 2 in to be safe. Got any ideas on cheap and good rear blocks? I think I am gonna order the nitto dune grapplers. They look cool plus the dont have the big nobby sides like the m/t hopefully that will help some with rubbing issues if any.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You might get some coil bucket contact with 2.5" and the 5100's ... so budget for some UCA's, although grinding the cb lips might be enough.

With a 2" rear block you will need longer shocks. The Icons or the Bilstein 5125's that PRG modifies the mounts on to fit Titans are both excellent.

So are the O'Reilly's coils Nissan parts, or aftermarket?
The ones I see on their web page are Moog - Coil Spring
Part # 81194 ... They have the same p/n listed for the Pro-4x as the SE 4x4 so which ones they really are equivalent to ?
Good price though. $112/pr.

Also, if the NCD don't come with bumps, get some, like these ... price is ea. so order two. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...=Search_N0958_1443153_3030&pt=N0958&ppt=C0361

You might need a CBDB for the rear as well. http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/cst_2wd_titan_carrier_bearing_drop_bracket/

Here are some 2" and taller rear blocks:
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/fabtech_titan_cast_rear_blocks/

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You might get some coil bucket contact with 2.5" and the 5100's ... so budget for some UCA's, although grinding the cb lips might be enough.

With a 2" rear block you will need longer shocks. The Icons or the Bilstein 5125's that PRG modifies the mounts on to fit Titans are both excellent.

So are the O'Reily's coils Nissan parts, or aftermarket?
I looked them up on RockAuto and they are Moog branded. I wonder if they are the same length as 04-07 or longer like the +08s. Who knows, may be the next big thing..

Regarding the 2" block, can they be found any cheaper than PRG? I will probably need them as well but need them cheap if I have to get longer shocks as well.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I looked them up on RockAuto and they are Moog branded. I wonder if they are the same length as 04-07 or longer like the +08s. Who knows, may be the next big thing.
That's what I'm wondering. I ordered a pair yesterday. They said pro4x had same part # as the other 4x4 t's. I'm just hoping they will work with my new RC 3" and 5100s.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I looked them up on RockAuto and they are Moog branded. I wonder if they are the same length as 04-07 or longer like the +08s. Who knows, may be the next big thing..

Regarding the 2" block, can they be found any cheaper than PRG? I will probably need them as well but need them cheap if I have to get longer shocks as well.
The Moog coils they had listed at O' Reilly's for the '04 4x4 had a different p/n, so they are probably equivalent to at least the '08+ 4x4, but maybe not the Pro-4x, since they did unfortunately have the same part number for both the '09 Pro-4x and '09 SE 4x4.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts