Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been looking for a universal trip computer to put in my Titan so I can keep track of mpg, codes, etc. I did not like the look of the scan gauge, just looks cheap and tacky to me.

I found this one made by Multitronics in Russia, it is very clean looking and has the matching factory orange display and can be mounted in the dash, on the windshield, or on the overhead. I contacted them and they said they don't currently make it with english units of measurement, but upon my request, they r going to check into reprograming.

I think that the more of us who may want this contact them, they may take this request more seriously.

Attached is the email I recieved from them with their contact info.

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your interesting in Multitronics VG1031UPL and sorry for so not quick answer from us.
We've investigated your question. By default:

> have english units of measurement
No
> english language capability
No, but there are no so much indications in Russian (really few short codes)
> will work for my vehicle
Yes, it's possible.
Jeff , we can make a request about software solutions with English language and American units of measurement (AFAIK you mean miles & gallons). Later we'll inform you about any results.
Thank you.

Reply: [email protected]

multi_univers_1.jpg

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
How much does it cost?

Do you have an iPhone? :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey guys, I have been looking for a universal trip computer to put in my Titan so I can keep track of mpg, codes, etc. I did not like the look of the scan gauge, just looks cheap and tacky to me.

I found this one made by Multitronics in Russia, it is very clean looking and has the matching factory orange display and can be mounted in the dash, on the windshield, or on the overhead. I contacted them and they said they don't currently make it with english units of measurement, but upon my request, they r going to check into reprograming.

I think that the more of us who may want this contact them, they may take this request more seriously.

Attached is the email I recieved from them with their contact info.

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your interesting in Multitronics VG1031UPL and sorry for so not quick answer from us.
We've investigated your question. By default:

> have english units of measurement
No
> english language capability
No, but there are no so much indications in Russian (really few short codes)
> will work for my vehicle
Yes, it's possible.
Jeff , we can make a request about software solutions with English language and American units of measurement (AFAIK you mean miles & gallons). Later we'll inform you about any results.
Thank you.

Reply: [email protected]

View attachment 101596
hmmm i may want one depending on price ... i can possibly use it to fill the gap for the dual CC on the LE (fosgate) sound system panels in the dash so that i can install that into my SE...... :eyebrow::idea:

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
What can the iphone do?
One of the cool apps is...

DevToaster - Rev - iPhone app development, Great iPhone apps, and more

But really, I was asking about price and whether or not he had an iPhone because with a BDGT and iPhone he could get everything he wants and more without having to deal with the hassle of waiting and dealing with a foreign company.

I use "Road Trip" on the iPhone to track fuel, maintenance, etc.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-trip-mpg-mileage-fuel/id298398207?mt=8

Between the BDGT and this app I don't think I could do much better or get much more info/logging.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
i think the bully dog GT does some of these things mentioned, not sure though so you could get a programer and a trip computer and such. check it out Triple Dog GT Gas gauge tuner - 40410 -
LOL i have a BDGT the speed redout is too small and same with the trip calc... plus i dont like leaving it in the car... im afraid if i do .. when i come back it will be gone and so will my window. :crying:

trust me... its happened in my old turd of a ford

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
LOL i have a BDGT the speed redout is too small and same with the trip calc... plus i dont like leaving it in the car... im afraid if i do .. when i come back it will be gone and so will my window. :crying:

trust me... its happened in my old turd of a ford
Speed readout? Your speedo broken? :) It also takes literally 2 seconds to remove the unit and hook it back up when you come back.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Speed readout? Your speedo broken? :) It also takes literally 2 seconds to remove the unit and hook it back up when you come back.
too small.. the sped readout on it is like 1/2" x 1/2" and i dont need to keep the BDGT in the car then... i do that right now anyways... just a hassle.. if its hard mounted i wont have to worry, plus it will be able to fill the gap in the Fosgate dash so that i can run a fosgate system in my SE. ]

Just killin two birds with one stone :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I use a Scan Gauge II.....works pretty good. I took mine out of the case it came in and mounted it separate. I mean the display looks the same, but it's not in that big square case. I'll get some pics as soon as I get my truck back from the stereo shop, but actually it's pretty straight forward.

John C.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Reactions: baseballfanz

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I can change the display color to orange on my scangauge.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Titan SE King Cab
135 Posts
This is my scanguage install (it's the old bigger version)
Imagine what you can do with the smaller slimmer version2.:D

Baseballfanz, You've inspired me to buy a scanguage II. Was wondering if you had any tips for installing it? I actually think I want to put it in the overhead area so I guess I'm gonna need a cable extension.

Thanks!

·
Registered
779 Posts
so I guess I'm gonna need a cable extension.

Thanks!
comes with plenty of cable, including extension. Use the extension cable to run from up top down to where you can easly remove the cable with the OBD connector to use on another vehicle if needed. I had to do that once to read a code on my car.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
dang!!!! i just looked up that rev app on iphone and that is soo sick! but its 40 bucks! ima try the free version and report back

1 - 17 of 17 Posts