Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 5w 30 for engine oil (7 quarts), and 75w 140 for the rear diff. How much 75w 140 do I need? And whats the oil filter part number? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
372 Posts
Reactions: StormTroopin

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Just went out and bought 7 quarts of mobil 1 synthetic, 2 quarts of 75w 140 and a Fram PH7317. I found that filter off of mobil 1's website. My only question is that the diff oil has an "ls" rating. Does this matter?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Fram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I wouldn't put a Fram on a lawnmower. Cardboard endcaps cause dry startup....I hope you got their toughGuard ....they're supposed to be better.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh, my autoshop teacher always recommeneded them... And its the extra gaurd one, the middle option. Should I return it? I couldn't find any of the other part numbers at that store.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Listen to HVT! Toss the Fram in the garbage. It will feel at home there. By a Mobil 1 filter.

Reactions: StormTroopin

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its still unopened, so I'll go get my money back haha. Thanks for the feedback guys

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Its still unopened, so I'll go get my money back haha. Thanks for the feedback guys
Maybe someone else knows for sure but it's my understanding that their ToughGuard series is different. I use Purolator filters which seemed to test well. If you have an Advanced Auto near you....they sell Puroator. Also another good one is CarQuest (believe it or not..lol) ..they're actually made by Wix. I'd stay away from the likes of K&N or Mobil1 filters but only because they're so expensive and no better than most of the others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts