Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so here is my dilemma. Right now i have a 3" in dual 2.5" out flowmaster original 40 series which sound ok... and ran to dual 3.5" magnaflow 15 degree slash cut tips. I know that i wanna run stillen headers and put some 3" high flow magnaflow cats and get rid of what is on there now. But im sorta confused at what the B pipes and all that is so could someone explain that to me? Then also i cant decide on which catback to go to. I love the sound of the banks exhaust but hate that is only a single side exit. Then i like that the JBA kit is dual but dont like the sound quite as much as the banks. Sorry for all the questions, new to the titan modding use to modding my cobra, 2 totally dif. vehicles.

Thanks,
Blake

·
Registered
268 Posts
Banks is good if you want it loud and stylish looks but you will definitely lose low end power with it, I have witnessed it first hand out at the track. The JBA is the exhaust of choice on the faster titan's around here. I will be purchasing the JBA EVOL system here very soon. It's all in what YOU want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do you lose so much low end power with the banks? but can someone explain to me also about the b pipes and having magnaflow cats put in?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
The B pipes are the short pipe in between the stock header and the back portion of the exhaust, just look under your truck and you will see the short sections of pipe with the resonators flanged at both ends. sc186 used the Magnaflow #94035 performance cats and I did also because he liked them and so do I. They have an 02 bung in them and although sc186 used the factory pipes after removing the resonators, I chose to have custom Bpipes made from 2.25" tubing. I had the cats mounted in the center of the B pipe rather than to one end like the resonators and per sc186 I clocked the passenger side to make the 02 reach the bung but had to cut the heat shield on that side to accommodate an upward pointing 02 sensor. I ran a 15.08 with the stock resonators in there and with the additional cats I still managed a 15.15 3 days after install and I think I could match the 15.08 after the retarded ECU learned they were there so it seems like the Magnaflows flow pretty good. I like the 2.25" pipe because it matches up with the NISMO headers and I wanted to save the entire stock exhaust and sell it. Good luck, I hope this helps, welcome to the performance mod nightmare. I have to go sleep in my tent now I'm kinda sleepy from the BBQ rat dinner, these mods are expensive, lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinking about going with the powerflow USA longtubes because they come with the longtube headers and 3" B-pipes then run banks 3" monster cat-back what do you guys think of that setup??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Be careful with to much exhaust the titan is somewhat different than conventional hot rods, meaning more air in and out is not always the best. This motor loves backpressure, I have ran a true dual system and also ran single 3" system the 3" system definately stronger off the line but I am currently running true duals with uprev tuning to compensate and am satisfied with my system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts