Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have A Nissan 2005 Titan with 40 Flowmasters and Nismo Intake..Having coming as upgrades..new JBA Shorty Headers with a Airaid Throttle body spacer and a specifically tuned Unichip. Just went to a car show today and love that sound of the old chevelle ss and GTOs. I want to have that nice crackle like rumble when its idle and when you hit the gas its loud loud loud?? What else can I do as modifications to the engine to make it sound like that?? Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I went with magnaflow for the old skool sound. If you don't want to change mufflers, there is always the resonator delete option. That accompanied with the slight impulse increase from the headers will probably get you closer with the flow masters. Just don't go crazy with pipe size on the delete, people have seen power losses if they go bigger than 2.25-2.5 in place of the resonators. Just my .02:imwithstu

·
Registered
440 Posts
Open headers?

Seriously, you will probably need bigger pipes to let the exhaust more freely, but sometimes straight pipes can be quieter (not not sound nearly as good) as a finely tuned exhaust system due to dynamics, harmonics, and all of those other technical terms.

On a side note, I thought that our exhaust was loud enough already. I remember walking down the A-aisle one day and someone was trying to fix a smoking exhaust issue on a truck in the repair area, and I almost dropped everything in my hands because I wasn't ready for the sound of the engine getting revved up that high. I always forget to bring ear plugs as I approach the end of final lines and the PDI lines to pretect my hearing because of the noise level of all of the trucks getting revved up going through their tests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts