Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just install some 1.5 blocks in the rear of my 04 Titan. Here is my deal. I can not find the problem. The axle is crooked by 3/4 of a inch. I checked ever thing I can think of. Both the pins are lined up. The driver side is farther back then the passenger side. I have 295/70/18 on it and I just fit a finger between the tire and the mud flap on the driver side. Why? Why? Why?

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Kanger is having the same problem, i think he's running pro comp's blocks on his lift.. Your positive the blocks are installed correctly? if they are tapered are they both facing the correct way?

·
Registered
433 Posts
could that side be sagging causing that side of the truck to sit lower?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My blocks are not tapered. This is part of the leveling kit of ebay. No sagging. I put it on four jack stands made sure the truck was level. Could it be some thing with the shocks?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Could it be some thing with the shocks?
No...no...no....:)

The shocks don't locate the rear axle...

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
No...no...no....:)

The shocks don't locate the rear axle...
It has to be something with the leafs attached to the spring perch. Maybe a hanger is bent and is pushing one of the leafs forward or back but I dont know how it could put it an 3/4" difference thou..

·
Registered
558 Posts
This sounds like the problem I'm having, but mine is a Procomp 3" block. I spoke to Greg and learned that the blocks are directional. That might be the issue if they were put on upside down or something. Took mine apart today to check...the blocks are on right, but the "pin" that's on the block is missing so there's nothing to keep it from shifting fore/aft on the axle mount. Check to see if the pin is still intact with the block. Also, when tightening down the U-bolts, it looks like you can tighten them down at various angles (if you really F up) since the axle is rounded off...if the angle doesn't match the other side, this could throw it off a bit. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, Greg said he can send me a replacement block tomorrow. Sounded like he was going to replace it for free. Waiting on confirmation.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
mine is like that too. 1 have 4" tappered blocks. i noticed a little while after installing the 4" blocks. been wanting too, but i never looked into it. i'll be switching back to a 3" PC block anyway. i'll check it out then

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I just went out to the garage and removed the blocks and put it back to stock. Still not straight but it is better. Bad leaf spring? Nothing looks bent or broken. If I measure from the floor to the top of the wheel well the passenger side is 40.5 inches and the driver side is 40 inches.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ok so I just went out to the garage and removed the blocks and put it back to stock. Still not straight but it is better. Bad leaf spring? Nothing looks bent or broken. If I measure from the floor to the top of the wheel well the passenger side is 40.5 inches and the driver side is 40 inches.
JMO, but I say a bad taper to the blocks. I never heard this problem in 6 years.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Strange...everything looks fine from the pics. If you're going to replace leafs, maybe go after market if you're going to shell out money anyway. Unless you can get a really cheap stock set. Prob should take it in to a shop to get looked at before you spend any more money though...

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Do you guys think I should replace the leaf springs? If so should I use new oem ones or what?

If you replace, go with PRG Deavers and get rid of the blocks... You wont be disappointed.

I've been following this thread. The bolt that goes thru the leaf springs are what lines up your axle. If its missing or not there then the leafs could have slipped backwards. Or, checked your shackles? Maybe something broke on them or is bent. I cant think of anything else.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did measure from center of wheel hub to center of hub. That's where I get the 3/4 of a inch. If I measure from the front of rear wheel well I get just over a inch. This is driving me nuts. Now with out the block in it's a 1/2 inch off. Also the driver side sits a 1/2 lower then the passenger side. This is why I think I might be a leaf spring.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have Pro-comp 3" blocks and I have a little different situation. My axle on the driver side has the tire closer to the bump stop mount on the frame. If my axle is up on the driver side but suspended on the passengers side you can see the tire will contact the bump stop mount on the frame. But if you do the same thing to the passengers side the tire doesn't come close.
I have checked and the blocks are installed correctly. I will measure the gaps between the tires side wall and the bump stop mount tomorow. I also have 325/65R18 tires. Does anyone else know or can check and see if they have a difference in gaps between the passenger and drivers side bump stop mounts on the frame and tires side wall?

Thanks

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ok I roughly measured the gaps tonight. I measured from the edge of the bump stop tab on the frame to the edge of the tread on the tires. The gaps I measured on the drivers side is just under 2" about 1 3/4". The passenger side is about 2 1/2". I also measured from just behind the bump stop mount on the flat part of the frame to the edge of the inside tread. The passengers side was about 6" and the drivers side was about 5". These are rough measurements but there is a big difference in gaps between the too. I also measured my axle from mud flaps to the rear of the tires and the passenger side was about 1 3/4" gap and the drivers side was about 1 1/2". So I measured the gap between the bed and the cab and the passengers side is about 1/4" larger gap so my axle is straight. If you look at the how far the tires stick out of the fenders they both seem to be the same but I will measure in day light.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts