Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my titan for a couple weeks and im in the process of installing my old system into the titan. I have this adapter to allow me to hook up rca's to my stock deck since i sold my other one and I like the rockford 6-disc cd changer. So if anybody has done this could they please tell me what wire splices into which other wire.

the adapter I have has 7 wires

White - Left +
White w/ black stripe - Left -
Gray - Right +
Gray w/ black stripe - Right -
Blue - 12v Remote output
Yellow - 12v (battery)
Black - Ground

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so the more i read the more i get confused. I have red the stock wires for the RF system are

LR (+) Sky Blue
LR ( - ) Black/Yellow stripe
RR (+) Orange/Blue stripe
RR ( - ) Red/Blue stripe

I then read that these 4 wires dont all meet into the same connector that goes into the back of the HU. I then found this picture showing that between the four wires they went into two connectors. I looked at mine and when i find the right colored wires I get three connectors, is this right? I have a 2004 Titan LE KC w/ the RF sound system.

Here is a pic, am I correct????

·
Registered
674 Posts
On the truck adapter, you need the one with these wires on it. They will all be in the same plug. These are the wire for my 07, not sure if ir is the same for all years.

LR+ LT.BLUE/BLACK
LR- YELLOW

RR+ ORANGE/BLUE
RR- RED/BLUE

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ but I have read that for the 04's at least it uses multiple connectors. Plus I dont see a single connector with all those wires going into it.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Jon_UT said:
^ but I have read that for the 04's at least it uses multiple connectors. Plus I dont see a single connector with all those wires going into it.
ill give you hint here . All the wires you needed will be twisted into pairs. if they are not in pairs . they are not the right ones.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The wires for the rear speakers are all in the lower most connector shown in your picture. The Blue wire is + for the Right Hand speaker - it's mate is the wire immediately behind it. For the Left Hand speaker, the wire closest to the mate to the Blue wire is + and the wire adjacent to that is - . There should be five wires in that connector, the one other than those for the rear speakers in the AMP ON wire which should be Green/White.

The confusion here arises from different configurations (whether RF with 6CD or merely 6CD ie, with or without the external amp)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts