Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my titan for a couple weeks and im in the process of installing my old system into the titan. I have this adapter to allow me to hook up rca's to my stock deck since i sold my other one and I like the rockford 6-disc cd changer. So if anybody has done this could they please tell me what wire splices into which other wire.

the adapter I have has 7 wires

White - Left +
White w/ black stripe - Left -
Gray - Right +
Gray w/ black stripe - Right -
Blue - 12v Remote output
Yellow - 12v (battery)
Black - Ground

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so the more i read the more i get confused. I have red the stock wires for the RF system are

LR (+) Sky Blue
LR ( - ) Black/Yellow stripe
RR (+) Orange/Blue stripe
RR ( - ) Red/Blue stripe

I then read that these 4 wires dont all meet into the same connector that goes into the back of the HU. I then found this picture showing that between the four wires they went into two connectors. I looked at mine and when i find the right colored wires I get three connectors, is this right? I have a 2004 Titan LE KC w/ the RF sound system.

Here is a pic, am I correct????

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ but I have read that for the 04's at least it uses multiple connectors. Plus I dont see a single connector with all those wires going into it.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Jon_UT said:
^ but I have read that for the 04's at least it uses multiple connectors. Plus I dont see a single connector with all those wires going into it.
ill give you hint here . All the wires you needed will be twisted into pairs. if they are not in pairs . they are not the right ones.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The wires for the rear speakers are all in the lower most connector shown in your picture. The Blue wire is + for the Right Hand speaker - it's mate is the wire immediately behind it. For the Left Hand speaker, the wire closest to the mate to the Blue wire is + and the wire adjacent to that is - . There should be five wires in that connector, the one other than those for the rear speakers in the AMP ON wire which should be Green/White.

The confusion here arises from different configurations (whether RF with 6CD or merely 6CD ie, with or without the external amp)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.