Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to install a stock 6 disc changer in a 2005 cc... i took it out of my 05 cc. the truck i am trying to install it in came with a single disc unit. the problem i am running into is the wiring harness seems to be different??? has anyone done this install before?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some of the plug-ins are missing on the truck with the single disc unit... anyone know if they are just tucked up hiding somewhere?

·
Registered
178 Posts
titan814 said:
some of the plug-ins are missing on the truck with the single disc unit... anyone know if they are just tucked up hiding somewhere?
There are probably a dozen different harnesses for the IP between the truck and SUV. I am pretty sure there is more than a couple just for the XE. I rarely pay attention to the number and types of plugs in there unless I have a reason. The single disk unit probably had only two speakers and the six disk unit probably had four. I may be wrong because I haven't had the need to look for that before. If I get a chance to look (the way I have been working, I can't promise anything) I'll see if I can find out something, maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i guess it's a se/le radio being placed into an xe truck? if so, the truck maybe missing plugs for steering wheel and rear controls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm going through something very similar right now. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in a Nissan dealer lounge getting some work done and had them look at my harness problem. They told me that the wiring harness in the truck is different and all they could do it order the entire assembly, remove the dash to swap it, and expect 7 or 8 hours of labor. In other words, I'll be selling this six disc out of a 2005 or 2006. (Mine is a 2004 SE with a single CD).

You may have the same problem with the plugs not there or not matching up. Do you have one that looks like it should fit, from the faceplate to the unit, but they're really male/male?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nashvegas said:
I'm going through something very similar right now. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in a Nissan dealer lounge getting some work done and had them look at my harness problem. They told me that the wiring harness in the truck is different and all they could do it order the entire assembly, remove the dash to swap it, and expect 7 or 8 hours of labor. In other words, I'll be selling this six disc out of a 2005 or 2006. (Mine is a 2004 SE with a single CD).

You may have the same problem with the plugs not there or not matching up. Do you have one that looks like it should fit, from the faceplate to the unit, but they're really male/male?
Did they give you a price on the harness? That in itself will hurt usually more than the labor. I haven't been able to find anything out yet but still looking to see what I can find.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nissan is really bad about accountants running manufacturing, and they have a gazillion different harnesses based on options and trim levels. Basically, if it doesn't come with something from the factory, you probably won't be able to put it in unless it is available from the accessories kit or we slipped one past the accountants. What the bean counters don't see is all of the warehouse space it takes to have 65 different headliners and 70 difference #1 body harnesses for example, and because there are so many choices, we have to spend more money on error-proofing and poke yokes to build vehicles properly.

I liked how my '05 F-150 had wiring for the factory subwoofer and upgraded sound system, and a subwoofer wasn't even an option on the XLT trim level. I think that I also found the sunroof and DVD wiring up in the headliner in that truck, and I had neither.

·
Registered
285 Posts
More than likely the wire harness in the XE level is a low level and does not have the connectors you need for the multi disk changer. The wire harness is pretty big and connects to many components (HVAC, radio, cluster, ECU, etc.) behind the instrument panel (IP). To save cost manufacturers eliminate connections for lower level vehicles. It won't be a simple swap and you may have to pull the whole IP. You may be better of buying an aftermarket 6 disk changer. I wouldn't simply connect this new receiver until you know what pins on the radio match the harness. You may short something out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts