Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for Christmas I will be getting some speakers, etc., for my truck (2004 Titan Crew Cab). I've been riding around with a 12" Kicker in a box that just sits in my back seat for several months, and have decided it's time to get a box that fits under the back seat. After a little looking around the internet, I have found a few things. I am most definitely far from an expert on this stuff though, so I need to know if this will all work out before I start buying it.

Speakerbox:
soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2166
I plan to get it set for dual 12" speakers with the extra depth added in.

Subs:
cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-Comp-VR-CVR-12-12-800-WATT-SUB-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ290191078757QQihZ019QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I plan on buying two of these, of course.
I think these are some good speakers, everyone I know seems to love Kicker CompVR and that is what I currently own.

As for the amp, I plan on buying a 900/950 (not sure which it is) amp from a buddy of mine, I'm not too worried about this, as he has it hooked up to two twelves right now.

I also am looking into replacing the factory speakers in the doors etc., but am not even sure at what name brands to look at?

Most of this will probably set-up at home, but I'm not very concerned about the difficulty of installation and what not as I installed an aftermarket cd player and an amp already myself without any prior knowledge of how to do so.

Well, all opinions and knowledge that you would like to share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
tigafan09 said:
Well, for Christmas I will be getting some speakers, etc., for my truck (2004 Titan Crew Cab). I've been riding around with a 12" Kicker in a box that just sits in my back seat for several months, and have decided it's time to get a box that fits under the back seat. After a little looking around the internet, I have found a few things. I am most definitely far from an expert on this stuff though, so I need to know if this will all work out before I start buying it.

Speakerbox:
soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2166
I plan to get it set for dual 12" speakers with the extra depth added in.

Subs:
cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-Comp-VR-CVR-12-12-800-WATT-SUB-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ290191078757QQihZ019QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I plan on buying two of these, of course.
I think these are some good speakers, everyone I know seems to love Kicker CompVR and that is what I currently own.

As for the amp, I plan on buying a 900/950 (not sure which it is) amp from a buddy of mine, I'm not too worried about this, as he has it hooked up to two twelves right now.

I also am looking into replacing the factory speakers in the doors etc., but am not even sure at what name brands to look at?

Most of this will probably set-up at home, but I'm not very concerned about the difficulty of installation and what not as I installed an aftermarket cd player and an amp already myself without any prior knowledge of how to do so.

Well, all opinions and knowledge that you would like to share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

good luck with those cvr 12s in a TITAN. they are going to hit the flolor in that prefab enclosure if they can even get the mounting depth needed. I build about 20 Titan enclosures a week and i own a 04 crew cab Titan and those subs will not work without some kind of seatlift.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'd listen to Tech12volt, he knows his stuff. Check out his website for a wide array of choices.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Not to rain on your parade but like Travelship said, just go and order one of the packages James has listed on his page. I've heard most of them and they all sound good especially for the money!!!

Prefab boxes are junk! Buy one that you know will work with the sub you choose and hold up for the long haul!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm new to this forum but I've lost count of the high praises that tech12volt has received. Based on that alone, I think I'd be giving him my business. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, well I'm definitely glad i asked before I just bought things then. Looks like theres a good chance you'll be getting business from me tech12volt....
How much trouble is a seatlift?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I just noticed that post. I'll definitely try that out. I believe it says it gives an extra inch? Would those speakers work? Or should I be going with a different brand anyway? I see you charge around $200 for a box, correct?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
tigafan09 said:
Yea, I just noticed that post. I'll definitely try that out. I believe it says it gives an extra inch? Would those speakers work? Or should I be going with a different brand anyway? I see you charge around $200 for a box, correct?

Thats correct. But also do things to the enclosure that other do not. like round all corners and fibergalls resin the inside.

I would run cvr 10s if it were mine. The airspace is perfect. if you want 12s go with Boston acoustic g3 12s . they only need a foot of airspace.If you need a package price hit me up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aahhh. This is so hard to decide. How big of a difference in sound is there between the 10" and the 12"?? What if I were to go with 10" SoloBarics?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
tigafan09 said:
Aahhh. This is so hard to decide. How big of a difference in sound is there between the 10" and the 12"?? What if I were to go with 10" SoloBarics?
Thatd fine seat lirt is a must as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you dont buy all of your stuff from tech u will be sorry. Trust me on this one I do a lot of business with alot of different people and have never had better customer service and over good feeling about a transaction. He helped me out and replaced stuff at his cost that my local installer messed up. When most people would have told me " sucks to be you" neways I could go on and on but bottom line is use him and u will not be disappointed

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
bottlebaby said:
If you dont buy all of your stuff from tech u will be sorry. Trust me on this one I do a lot of business with alot of different people and have never had better customer service and over good feeling about a transaction. He helped me out and replaced stuff at his cost that my local installer messed up. When most people would have told me " sucks to be you" neways I could go on and on but bottom line is use him and u will not be disappointed
You are right, James is the best. He is often TOO nice because he gives so much stuff away! I just hope he can stay around for a while!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts