Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to the shooting range today and had to put the T into 4wd. When I flipped the switch back to 2wd the 4wd light started flashing. I drove in reverse, turned it off, flipped the switch back and forth and it's still in 4wd! Does anybody have any ideas what may be going on with this? By the way, it's an '05 CC... :confused::confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, nevermind. I guess this thing is just finiky.... I messed around with it just now and it went back into 2wd...

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
put it back in 4wd and see if it comes out. If not you may have a problem.

·
Premium Member
21,146 Posts
Turn the steering wheel about half a turn while driving forward. That's the latest trick I've been using.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Seems like when I don't use 4x4 for a while it doesn't want to come out of 4x4. Last month I went to the mud pits, and it came out of 4x4 everytime right when I flipped the switch. I was moving and turning though when going between 2 and 4 wheel drive though, so maybe that was HRTKD's trick doing the work for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I flip the switch to 2wd, then coast or ride the brakes lightly. Turning the wheel 1/2 a turn probably has the same effect if you're not accelerating. It takes some torque off the drivetrain.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
^^mine wont come out of 4wd unless i let off the gas. the front wheels flash at me on the display on the dash until i let off the gas. I think its a safety feature so u dont put too much wear on the transfer case

·
Premium Member
21,146 Posts
^^mine wont come out of 4wd unless i let off the gas. the front wheels flash at me on the display on the dash until i let off the gas. I think its a safety feature so u dont put too much wear on the transfer case
I don't think so. I've let off the gas on uphill, downhill and flat. I've come to a complete stop and even driven in reverse. None of those worked. I will agree that it is much LESS likely to disengage when under acceleration. But it seems like it should disengage when under no throttle at all.

As near as I can tell, turning the steering wheel works every time. However, my experimental period has only been four weeks. So time will tell.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I noticed mine on the weekend. I found throwing on in neutral did the trick just fine. Even moving down the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad to hear that this is not just an "operator" error on my part. I haven't had the issue since Sunday, hopefully these tips will help out with any issues in the future. Once again, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have found when you switch too, or from 4WD I must back off the gas just a bit and allow the the slowing of the engine a little. Once I do this the display changes.

I don't think it has anything to do with it, but it seems to work for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
even though you can switch on the fly it is never a good idea to switch when on the gas, always take the foot off the pedal and be rolling, easiest to engage and disengage

1 - 13 of 13 Posts