Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i ve gotten myself into a bit of a problem because i have a 2009 nissan titan with stock 18s but got a hell of a deal on some bfg 35x12.5x 17s assuming my truck will fit 17s no problem. today i came across on the forums that people are saying that 17s will not fit on 08 and up titans due to larger brakes. does anyone know if this is true and if so, is there anyway around this problem with certain 17 inch wheels and/or wheel spacers or adapters? i have not purchased the wheels yet so any help or specific wheel recommendation would b greatly appreciated!! thank you

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I've read on some scenarios that there are a few 17 inch rims that can fit onto the 08+ Titans, regardless of the larger brake calipers, I don't know which rims those are though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, hopefully someone knows of a few models that fit or i ve gotta find a buyer for some brand new bfgs 35 mts

·
Registered
796 Posts
They won't fit. I found a sic set of 17's that I wanted to throw on my '10 so I dropped it off to have them mounted and about 15 minutes later my shop called back and said they wouldn't fit and it wound up getting stuck and ripped off some of the weights on the rim because of the larger calipers so I had to bump it up to the 18's.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
There have been people on here saying that some Procomp and some Robby Gordon rims work, but I don't recall if a particular model or backspacing. Most likely it would be with a smaller backspacing like 4.5" or less, (more deep-dished than the stock 5.5" backspacing), which will make tire rubbing at the back of the front wheel wells worse. If your Titan is lifted you can trim enough with the pinch weld mod and front mudguard removal to fit the 35's on a small backspaced rim. [But without a bracket lift a 35 would need a more tucked in rim with stock or larger backspacing, which probably would be more likely to rub the brakes]. If you find one that works, be sure to post what model and its specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts