Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the audio controls for the steering wheel on my 08SE and found "secruity bolts" on my airbag. These are not just a typical center pin torx bit, but a "keyed" bolt. From some digging it looks like Nissan offers these as on option but where do I get the key? This is what they look like. Please help I want to get my audio controls on!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't know where you would get that except for the dealer... might try Napa Auto.... or for tire lugs like this (when I don't have the key) I just use my cut off wheel and cut a groove into the face of the bolt and then use a BIG flat head screwdriver to unscrew. I am not sure if this will work for you or not. Do you have a picture of it in your truck?

Gus

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know where you would get that except for the dealer... might try Napa Auto.... or for tire lugs like this (when I don't have the key) I just use my cut off wheel and cut a groove into the face of the bolt and then use a BIG flat head screwdriver to unscrew. I am not sure if this will work for you or not. Do you have a picture of it in your truck?

Gus
Hi Gus,
Thanks for the reply. I just talked to my local dealer and they said they have to drill those out. Great thanks Nissan!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts