Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey it's been awhile since I posted, need some help. I have a 06 with tow package, when I hooked the jumper wire up to install my brake controller I didn't know b+ was active without the key on and it touched some wires. Can someone help me out and tell me where the fuse to that b positive is? Its a red wire or maybe it's a fusible link of some sort?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man, you could be in trouble. You need a diagram
Oh noes, thank God I have basic electrical skills. Some sort of 40/30/30 grouped fusible link. It's a green one in the rear fuse section in the engine compartment on the ps side. So I made myself a really long wire that could reach underneath the driver side jumper wire to that terminal that this fusible link came from and I have continuity. Tested the fusible link and the last one is blown, tried soldering it with no luck so I guess dealership it is. But it's ok I even posted this on yt with no reply. I don't think anyone even posts here anymore anyways. Maybe someone 10 years from now may look up my post lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And I found out my running lights weren't working on my trailer because I had a blown fuse in the same section. I bought this thing brand new in 2006 this is the first time I've ever hooked up my Armada to a trailer, ive read people having blown fuses for a lot of things in the trailer section of the plug yet they've never used it before. Maybe somebody can explain that one. I took my tow bar out for weight savings for 12 years and I covered up the plug behind it with tape.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it's a 40 40 40 amp thought it was 40 30 30 amp. They won't like 20 bucks for it on eBay. Oh well $20 down the drain when I could have used black electrical tape man I wish I knew that thing was active.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know
I have a 2005 w/ tow pkg and I hooked up the wiring for towing me boat. I have not hooked up the wiring for electric brakes on trailer using a brake "box" in the cab. I have been lucky I guess but I have not had any issues with my system and I still use the original equipment. Sorry to hear about your electrical problem but I am glad you posted about it so others might read this and take precautions.
I know 20 bucks down the drain. Got the new one yesterday. And I soldered my wires before I installed it to the brake controller. I tested my brake controller that everybody recommends for the older Titans/Armadas here the prodigy p2. Here's the part number to the green fusible link.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts