Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems fitting the joint that sits on top of the CST spindle into the hole. In simple the hole in the spindle isn't large enough.

I could drill it out to 13/16th's but I don't have a drill that would fit that bit, much less a drill that big to hold the bit.

The silver joint slides in the spindle but there's about 1/8th inch that sticks out of the spindle.

Sorry for the terrible description. I'll run out and get a pic right now.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just managed to finish the left side, still have the right side.

Not the most ideal way as it took about an hour of grinding and measuring. There has to be a better way to do this for the right side?

Here's the pics of before. All different pics. Tried to get the right angle so I just threw all of um up.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
saw somebody say one time they applied some type of lube to help it slide in..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh great, I'm doing my install tomorrow morning on my cst spindles, pleas post on here or PM me if you figure out the easy way to do it. :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh great, I'm doing my install tomorrow morning on my cst spindles, pleas post on here or PM me if you figure out the easy way to do it. :)
This is only if you have the PRG UCA's.

If you have the stock UCA's, you'll have 0 problems at all.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The powdercoat on the spindles is probably a little thick. Try taking a hand file and just filing down the paint on the inside of the hole and put some lithium grease on the spacer to help it slide into the spindle.

A rubber mallet can also be your best friend with some of this stuff :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The powdercoat on the spindles is probably a little thick. Try taking a hand file and just filing down the paint on the inside of the hole and put some lithium grease on the spacer to help it slide into the spindle.

A rubber mallet can also be your best friend with some of this stuff :)
On the inside there is no powder coating.

Tried the mallet, the hole is just simply to small. The best way to make it fit is to grind down the taper on the silver piece, so it's straight, then it slides right in. The bolt is what's holding the spindle and UCA together anyway. A little grinding won't hurt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts