Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im picking up my 2007 nissan titan se this weekend and need some help. This will be my first truck and Im stoked. Ive been driving a mustang since highschool (i now refer to them as MUSTAKES). Really been needing something bigger for hunting purposes and eventually a kid.

Ive got about 2000 saved up for upgrades and want to get some opinions from the pros! What would yall do first with $2000?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
342 Posts
It is all a personal preference. I wanted mine to run the best and then look good doing it. So I went performance first and then looks. But it is all up to you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is all a personal preference. I wanted mine to run the best and then look good doing it. So I went performance first and then looks. But it is all up to you.
good call, will i see much of an increase in gas millage w the programmer, exhaust and intake?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
good call, will i see much of an increase in gas millage w the programmer, exhaust and intake?
Not a whole lot. But a HUGE gain in power while still maintaining the same MPGs... so overall thats a win for me to be able to get up and go quicker and burn just about the same fuel.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
these are the rims im lookin at. i love the black look, wish the truck is black but i think itll look cool with the red

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I say Rims and tires as the Titan already comes with some get up. Sell your old ones if you can and do a muffler swap for some more rumble(if you like that). I bought my rockstars and 33" ntg's for 1800 brand new and 200 for a 18" magnaflow install.

By the way, what color are you getting?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I say Rims and tires as the Titan already comes with some get up. Sell your old ones if you can and do a muffler swap for some more rumble(if you like that). I bought my rockstars and 33" ntg's for 1800 brand new and 200 for a 18" magnaflow install.

By the way, what color are you getting?
its the dark red. i wouldnt call it maroon or just red but kidna in between. not the sport red but not as dark as the maroon

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
He posted red for the color rbt.

My opinion, if it already has decent tires on it, I would go with the other mods first. I'd do CAI, BDGT(Handheld programmer), and a muffler swap to a high flow type. The shorter it is, the louder it will be. Lots of folks like the 18-22 inch range. You would still have money to put Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around and that would level you out since they are adjustable. When they are in stock, I think they can be had for about $350 for all four. I think you could be done with all of the above mods including 4 new shocks for 1K. I would rather 4 mods than one for half the price. Again, just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He posted red for the color rbt.

My opinion, if it already has decent tires on it, I would go with the other mods first. I'd do CAI, BDGT(Handheld programmer), and a muffler swap to a high flow type. The shorter it is, the louder it will be. Lots of folks like the 18-22 inch range. You would still have money to put Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around and that would level you out since they are adjustable. When they are in stock, I think they can be had for about $350 for all four. I think you could be done with all of the above mods including 4 new shocks for 1K. I would rather 4 mods than one for half the price. Again, just my personal opinion.
how much of a difference will there be between getting the whole intake system vs just an k&n air filter?

and what would be the benefit of spending the extra on new springs instead of getting something like the leveling kit in the pic?

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
You could just get the K&N filter and do the Airbox mod like I did and save some money. I would take a look at the Rough Country 3 inch leveling kit.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
its the dark red. i wouldnt call it maroon or just red but kidna in between. not the sport red but not as dark as the maroon
My bad, I didn't even see that rt above my post. I was looking at the 1st post. so many decisions. what do you think you'll do?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
and what would be the benefit of spending the extra on new springs instead of getting something like the leveling kit in the pic?
From what I understand it very much improves the ride quality AND since they are adjustable, you can rid of the front factory rake. I think you can get 1.5-2 inches out of the Bilsteins. I don't have them personally but they have been on my want list for awhile. Do a search in the suspension section. there are a lot of threads and I think all good impressions. For the money, I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My bad, I didn't even see that rt above my post. I was looking at the 1st post. so many decisions. what do you think you'll do?
Great question. I'm in no run so I'm gonna do my homework. I'll definately be putting the k&n filter and I think I'm gonna do the leveling kit then rims and tires and then exhaust when I get the $.
But I'm open so I'll keep seeing what y'all suggest

·
Registered
144 Posts
I did a no name cai off ebay for $100 shipped to save money.Its polished and k&n like filter.Helix trottle body spacer $50 on ebay.Banks monster catback $620 shipped which sounds awesome.I opted to go with spacers to save money but I do think it rides a little rougher.Waiting on my flashpaq programmer now got on here from another member for $200 shipped.Just a little info.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did a no name cai off ebay for $100 shipped to save money.Its polished and k&n like filter.Helix trottle body spacer $50 on ebay.Banks monster catback $620 shipped which sounds awesome.I opted to go with spacers to save money but I do think it rides a little rougher.Waiting on my flashpaq programmer now got on here from another member for $200 shipped.Just a little info.
What does the throttle body spacer do?

·
Registered
138 Posts
That would be Red Brawn. Best color on the Titan, but I may be a bit biased :D

Congrats on the new truck and good luck with modding!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mixed reviews on the spacer but supposedly increase mpg,performance,throttle response.I like the whistle it makes.Lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts