Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 nissan titan sv. My sound went out but everything else seems to be working right. I read that it could be the amp and look everywhere for it and I still haven't found it. My question is. Do all titans come with a stock amp or do some have it integrated in stereo and how can I find out? Please need help asap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you have the Rockford-Fosgate system (commonly RF) there is a separate amp. Otherwise the amp is integral to the HU. The RF system amp is located on the firewall behind the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
HU = Head Unit. If you do not have the Rockford system, as you've indicated, you do not have an external amp. Start with the basics. Check your wiring connections. See if the CD or some other function works, or if you have bluetooth phone, if you can still use that. Or pull your speakers and hook them up to something else to be sure it's not the speakers (but that's doubtful, all at once). Most likely, it's a wiring issue or it's your HU. Since you don't have the RF system, I'm assuming you don't have the Nav system, also, which makes swapping to a new HU easy. Just buy the right faceplate kit and adapter harness, plus a HU of your choosing, a steering wheel control adapter, and you should be able to do the install in a couple of hours, taking your time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HU = Head Unit. If you do not have the Rockford system, as you've indicated, you do not have an external amp. Start with the basics. Check your wiring connections. See if the CD or some other function works, or if you have bluetooth phone, if you can still use that. Or pull your speakers and hook them up to something else to be sure it's not the speakers (but that's doubtful, all at once). Most likely, it's a wiring issue or it's your HU. Since you don't have the RF system, I'm assuming you don't have the Nav system, also, which makes swapping to a new HU easy. Just buy the right faceplate kit and adapter harness, plus a HU of your choosing, a steering wheel control adapter, and you should be able to do the install in a couple of hours, taking your time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats exactly what I have and I have try everything and the hu works but no sound out of speakers.. will try a new unit .. thanks you all for the information I really appreciated ?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
If you have some spare speakers, test the HU hooked directly to one of them. That would eliminate the possibility of bad wiring. You could also test your wiring for continuity from the plug behind the HU to the speakers to confirm it is the HU, and not the wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looked into everything. Nothing seems to work . i hear noise coming from my speakers every time I turn the ignition switch but nothing after that. Waiting on new stero will try it once I receive it and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts