Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been a long time lurker sine 2007. I have a 2008 Pro 4x4 and it's about time to buy new tires. I currently have P275, 60 R20's on them (Nitto Terragrappler). I have some some Gear Alloy 20x9 Rims installed as well. This was done at the dealership when I purchased the truck (I know nothing about tires) but I'm sitting at 50k miles and I need to purchase some new ones within a month (going to purchase through DTD).

What I'm looking for is a bit more of an offroad look, maybe even Nitto Mudd Grapplers. I know when I purchased the truck they removed the factory struts and installed 2" leveling blocks (possibly just in the front?). Again they already had this work done when I purchased the truck.

What tires sizes would you guys suggest getting? I don't want to spend anymore money lifting it etc.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm looking at the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T size 305/55/R20's do you guys think that they will fit without rubbing etc? I don't really want to do any more modifications just to fit more tires (I do have the 2" leveling kit up front).

Also here is a pic of the truck:

Thanks,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Also see the Cooper Zeon LTZs. Bridgestone sldo makes one called the AMF...10...something...someting that looks pretty nice (off road look/on road noise/wear). Sport Truck/All Terrain hybrids.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Here are the 305/55 R20's on my 2010 LE. The Discount Tire guy did have to cut the inside of my stock mud flaps, but they barely fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up going with the 305/55/20 Trail grapplers....bought them from discount tires and they got in yesterday. Taking it in tomorrow to get them installed....I'll post some pics afterwards

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Good size. Looks mean on the T.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back, they look good. They do slighly rub up front (I had them remove the stock flaps), I don't think I'm going to bother doing the PWM as I can't tell when I'm driving you can just visually see it rub when you cut the wheel and look at it.

I'll get some pics up in a few days...it's raining out today.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
quick question..... Will 305/55/R20's fit with 1.5 leveling kit and rims with +25 off set with out doing PWM?
If you're talking about a 9" width rim, it will stick out 1/2" more than the stock rims shown above, so you'll get more rubbing at the pinch weld. There's a link to the pinch weld mod in my sig. Also, an M/T will be more likely to rub or to rub more than an A/T for a given size, because of the larger tread lugs at the shoulder, and often greater overall diameter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts