Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, going to swap rims soon, stock offroad for stock offroad powdercoated... before i take it all apart.. how do i switch the tpms ?? can someone give me a link ? i searched forever and have no idea how they work... thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
The TPMS are are part of the valve stem. After you break the old wheels down, you use a deep well socket (14mm I think) to unscrew the collar that is on the valve stem. Once you have it completely unscrewed, put the TPMS in the new wheel & put the collar back on & retighten. It's about the easiest thing you will ever do...other than breathing.

I wouldn't worry about changing the gaskets on them unless they're really screwed up.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Do the other rims not have them in them already? I think they are all interchangable?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
okay, going to swap rims soon, stock offroad for stock offroad powdercoated... before i take it all apart.. how do i switch the tpms ?? can someone give me a link ? i searched forever and have no idea how they work... thanks
If the wheels don't have them, they will switch over just fine!

I do believe they take a 10-12mm socket.

Do not over tighten them!!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah they are BOTH the same exact rim, stock so im not worried about fitting, i just needed to know how to change them.. i didnt even know where they were lol

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
trx4life said:
um anyone know if there is a way to just dissable the light
why would you want to dissable it? if its going off the dealer can probably take of that for you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
trx4life said:
um anyone know if there is a way to just dissable the light
No you can't. Unless you can get behind the dash & pull the light yourself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
albonismo said:
why would you want to dissable it? if its going off the dealer can probably take of that for you.
Changeing rims and tires and dont want to pay the extra 100 bucks to have the old ones taken appart and remounted.

I wouldent guess there would be a fuse that runs the system??

·
Registered
23 Posts
don't over torque the TPMS they only need about 60 inch lbs. if you over tighten it will have a slow leak from the gromit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts