Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from everyone on a project me and my dad have started...We recently bought a 1966 mustang coupe and are going to rebuild it. I joined a mustang forum, but cant seem to get any help from it since nobody is responding? But everyone on here has always been very helpful and i need your help because we are going to paint it black then get chrome 17" american racing torq thrust wheels and dont know if i should get red or black brake calipers..any help is appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
161,700 Posts
Black would be my suggestion. Don't make it "busy" with a small splash of color on the calipers. It'd just distract from the overall look it sounds like you're going for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I vote red to make it "pop" but that is just my opinion. It will look good either way, be sure to post pics on here when its done!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'd go with the red ones.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm good point i think ill do that ive been debating this for the past week and am ready to finally order them!
This is what we have to start with..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
161,700 Posts
Looks like a good, solid platform for a build. Have fun!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has a 289 v8 and we just put in high performance spark plug wires and a new air filter

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
161,700 Posts
Also a good platform for a build. That little small block can be made to push some ponies (pun intended) from a relatively light engine. The result, a better handling car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks! and ill keep everyone updated as we continue for sure!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its not a bad engine at all it was running great but the battery is dying on us soooo it wont start right now:/ but...thats an easy fix and we will get it runnin better than ever soon

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I vote red to make it "pop" but that is just my opinion. It will look good either way, be sure to post pics on here when its done!
i really love the look of the red but my dad just told me that they would be so hard to keep clean :/ i personally love the look but either way i think itll look nice thank you for the input ill be needing more help down the road for sure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts