Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 titan without the BT package. i now want to buy a hitch for it but im confused. if i get a class III, what will i need?

·
Super Moderator
160,806 Posts
What I'd really suggest is just going ahead and putting on the OEM Class IV hitch. It's a bolt on application. You will probably need the relays too. Try this page for the relays. They're at the bottom. http://www.courtesyparts.com/titan/towing.html

There's a class III hitch on that page too, but I really would recommend the Class IV.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The dealer package comes with the relays, and isn't much more than buying from other places. I bought mine from www.etrailers.com then had to go to the dealer and get the two relays for about $50.00. Ended up being around $225.00 for everything. etrailers is a good web site and they deliver fast.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I got the OEM Class IV hitch from the deal with relays included for $220 plus tax so as you can see its not always more expensive and it is a perfect fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i get an OEM class III hitch, how much will i be able to tow? what about a class IV? is there any big difference in equipment?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Class III hitches are normally rated for towing 5000 lbs and 500 lbs tongue weight. Class IV is higher, on the Titan, to go over 5000 lbs, you need a weight distributing hitch to go into the Class IV receiver and the extra bars that go with it to attach to the trailer frame. Setting up a weight distributing hitch/trailer is quite a bit more complicated than a Class III rig; it would probably be a good idea to work with someone who has experience if you go that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts