Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Turbobladz said:
Hi Guys, I need a hitch and wiring harness for my titan.
im in SOCAL
Thanks,
EDgar
Courtesy Nissan ClassIV cost:$211.47. Not sure on cost of wiring harness.
www.etrailer.com got some nice ones. Only seen class III for Titans. (Rated 6000lbs. 600lbs tongue.10,000 lbs w/weight distribution hitch ,1000lbs tongue. approx.$130.00 /$approx. $40.00 for wiring harness. Bolts right up w/no problems. Wiring harness hooks up without no problems.

·
Registered
739 Posts
1Titan said:
Courtesy Nissan ClassIV cost:$211.47. Not sure on cost of wiring harness.
www.etrailer.com got some nice ones. Only seen class III for Titans. (Rated 6000lbs. 600lbs tongue.10,000 lbs w/weight distribution hitch ,1000lbs tongue. approx.$130.00 /$approx. $40.00 for wiring harness. Bolts right up w/no problems. Wiring harness hooks up without no problems.
We are only suppose to mentions Titanparts in this forum. They are a paying sponser. Besides, Jamie at Titanparts gives awesome service and deals so please check with him for a hitch. He has his own discussion forum. :cheers:

·
Registered
429 Posts
keane said:
We are only suppose to mentions Titanparts in this forum. They are a paying sponser. Besides, Jamie at Titanparts gives awesome service and deals so please check with him for a hitch. He has his own discussion forum. :cheers:
Can you show me the Titan Talk forum constitutional law that states that? BTW I tried w/Titan parts and Jamie mentioned to me they would not even ship the hitch to me because it would cost to much to ship to Hawaii. I got a hideaway hitch from www.etrailer.com shipped via UPS ground for $50..00 less then Jamie mentioned the shipping would be. Installed like a champ and looks great.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
keane said:
I don't know where you heard this but you are most definately wrong. There is a forum devoted to TitanParts. This forum is Buy/Sell and is used for anyone that is interested in just that buying or selling. There is nothing that says you can only buy from TitanParts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
tow hitch

Dude, it's worth the extra $50 bucks or so to get the Nissan hitch from your dealer. All the holes line up perfect (no reaming out holes with this one) between the hitch and frame. It has all the hardware and the wiring harness included in the box (took me 35 minutes to install). The harness plugs into your factory harness on one end and has a 7-round adapter that twists into a nice support bracket that's welded to the hitch support tube. All you need then is a 7 round to flat 4 or 5 adapter (depending on what you are pulling) that you can pick up at Wal-mart. If the neat, clean, and fast installation isn't enough to more than offset the extra few bucks then the time savings and long term reliability of this factory wire harness definitely means something. I've had splice in wiring harnesses in the past and they are a headache to install and a nightmare to trouble shoot. Nothing wrong with saving a few bucks but those that elect to use a non factory wiring harness will regret it later. I installed this system on my LE and there is definitely plenty of amps getting to my trailer lights on my bass rig. This one is definitely a no brainer if Quality and reliability mean anything to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
495 Posts
keane said:
funny......:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
I installed this system on my LE and there is definitely plenty of amps getting to my trailer lights on my bass rig. This one is definitely a no brainer if Quality and reliability mean anything to you. Good luck.
The LE and SE are already wired for trailor lights. All you need is the $12 plug. The only advantage in going with the Nissan hitch is the plug and socket mount come with it. Not worth the extra $100 in my opinion, especially since it doesn't hide away as well.

All the holes line up perfect (no reaming out holes with this one) between the hitch and frame. It has all the hardware and the wiring harness included in the box (took me 35 minutes to install).
The holes line up perfectly on the aftermarket hitch as well, it's hard to see how they wouldn't. Took me all of 15min to install by myself.

Nothing wrong with saving a few bucks but those that elect to use a non factory wiring harness will regret it later.
As of now, there aren't any non factory harnesses for the Titan LE and SE. I got the part from my local dealer for $12. Same thing you got on your hitch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Add up the aftermarket hitch, the harness plug, the mount for said plug and two relays and the frustration of having to possibly get those parts from different places. I will buy the Nissan hitch, oops to late already did and happy as can be! What did save, nothing. What did I gain EASE, can't put a price on that can you?

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
You don't need any relays, just the plug. So in total I spent $150. I don't like using a plug mount, I just hide it under the bumper until I need it. The look of the hitch I purchased was a big factor as well. To each his own.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
keane said:

Forum Rules / Advertising Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that the board is officially supporting Sponsors/Vendors, it is time to put the advertising rules into effect.

2. Discussion of products by a non supporting vendor is allowed. However, when the discussion turns into an advertisement and the vendor particpates, we will have a problem.

No issue with the post of the URL's by our members...

Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Turbobladz said:
Hi Guys, I need a hitch and wiring harness for my titan.
im in SOCAL
Thanks,
EDgar
Wow, alot of energy devoted to this one, I bought the factory hitch, the part# said class III but the material with the hitch say class -IV and it is a direct match for the one with the big tow package. I paid about $225 for mine from a dealer in Nashville. In the package with hitch also came with two relays (installed in the engine bay), mounting bolts and plug connector.

I know I probably paid a little more, but I have the orginal factory look and god knows what those relays are for?

Good luck and Titan on!
:haveredfl

·
Registered
16 Posts
sammy sandbag said:
You don't need any relays, just the plug. So in total I spent $150. I don't like using a plug mount, I just hide it under the bumper until I need it. The look of the hitch I purchased was a big factor as well. To each his own.
Don't try to use a brake controller without those relays. Do it once, do it right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts