Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a 2006 Nissan Titan LE and I was wondering what people thought of the 2" leveling kit? How is the ride? Does it look nice? Would yall recommend it? Thank you

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've got it on mine and there is no difference in the ride. If you are a 2wd, then you can do 2 1/2" level kit with no issues.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool thanks! That's all I needed to know!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have a clanking sound when I got over small bumps, never could figure it out but I have learned to live with it. I plan on getting the rough country 3" leveling kit this summer hopefully.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have mine and it's great. Not issues after the install. Wasn't as easy as it was suppose to be to install, use a lot of WD-40 or PB Blaster. It didn't even change my alingment. Had it checked and it was dead on after install.

·
Premium Member
58,732 Posts
The leveling kit was my favorite mod. I had no issues with it. It took me longer than some to install but it is easily a short afternoon project. BTW, after the install, my wife's favorite mod was nerf bars. She's only 5'2".

·
Super Moderator
161,851 Posts
Said it before, the level kit was one of the best bang for the buck mods I've done. No issues. No ride difference. Even my wife who is uninterested in most things Titan can spot the difference in a leveled and stock truck, and she likes the leveled trucks much better.

At 4 1/2 hours I think my install took longer than anybody around here, but it was solo and I wasn't in a hurry at all. An afternoon's work for a lasting mod.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a clanking sound when I got over small bumps, never could figure it out but I have learned to live with it. I plan on getting the rough country 3" leveling kit this summer hopefully.
if you have a 2.5 level kit on a 2wd the clunking sound is your upper control arms banging down on the coil spring bucket/perch. if you look in there you will notice the little marks and scratches, mine was doing the same so i went with coilovers instead..when you install those spacers it changes the angle of the control arms and pulls them down lower towards the coil buckets then they knock when you go over bumps-you can keep the spacers but i would reccommend replacing your upper control arms then they wont hit..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again everyone! Looks like I'll be purchasing them soon

·
Premium Member
58,732 Posts
A three inch lift will cause interference with the coil buckets. It's too much for a 2WD and much for a 4WD.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ohh ok, well how would a 2.5" kit do? And would you recommend a block in the back? Also, I am planning on getting 285/70/17 tires. You think that would be too small?

·
Premium Member
58,732 Posts
What year is your Titan? 2WD or 4WD?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a 2006 Titan LE 2WD.

·
Premium Member
58,732 Posts
The proper lift for an 06 2WD is 2½ inches in the front.

Make sure the kit you get is solid billet aluminum like this.

Not like this.

Reactions: Utemachine

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok cool thats excatly what I was going to get in the first place. That's from performancelifts.com right? You think I should get the block lift for the back that they offer? And are 285/70/17s small for that lift? Sorry if your patience is wearing thin, I am new to this haha

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got my 2" lift from Prgproducts . com I absolutely love it. I wanted a little rake so I only went with the 2". I also changed out the shocks/struts on the truck with an alignment and its the best mod I've done. The T rides great and non truck people comment on that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts