Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please post the schematic of the mirrors for the Big Tow package? I still have the problem with mirror vibration and I want to see if there is any adjustments I can make to eliminate it.

By the way, I haven't seen any Titan ads in the print or electronic media lately. Have any of you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have not seen many Titan ads either. Nissan does not seem to advertise nearly as much as other some of the others. I guess they introduce vehicles and let them speak for themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Would someone please post the schematic of the mirrors for the Big Tow package? I still have the problem with mirror vibration and I want to see if there is any adjustments I can make to eliminate it.

By the way, I haven't seen any Titan ads in the print or electronic media lately. Have any of you?
I found the mirror schematics in the GW section of the manual but I cannot copy the pictures. If you don't have this section, PM me and I will email it to you.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bayou Titan said:

i also have the mirror vibration with the big tow i took it to dealer and they said the could not duplicate the problem and therefore could not fix it. so i took them down the road and showed them and they said that what i was complaining about was normal. i dont buy that and i would appreciate if someone figures this out could share the fix with me :)

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I also just looked at GW as well.

No adjustments to be made BUT if your getting excessive vibration, I would look more at the 'hooks'. The mirror is a flat piece that is sitting inside a 'holder'. The 'holder' is then 'clipped' into the housing mounting place. It even states in the GW portion to 'heat the hooks' to insert so they are not broken. They might have snapped a hook and hence the vibration.

Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too have the mirror vibration issue. It may just be me, but personally, I think the big tow mirrors suck. I can not find a view on the passenger side that I feel comfortable with that allows me to make lane changes. Neither the top mirror or the bottom mirror provides that comfort level.

When towing the jetski the other day, I could not see an advantage to the big tow mirrors either.

Guess I may have to go to the standard mirrors.

Anyone else feel this way or have any suggestions for me?? :crying:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
I also just looked at GW as well.

No adjustments to be made BUT if your getting excessive vibration, I would look more at the 'hooks'. The mirror is a flat piece that is sitting inside a 'holder'. The 'holder' is then 'clipped' into the housing mounting place. It even states in the GW portion to 'heat the hooks' to insert so they are not broken. They might have snapped a hook and hence the vibration.

Chris
how would you go about checking that. dissasemble?? help!!!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I wouldn't try and disasemble it myself. It looks to be 4 small plastic hooks/clips. All it would take is a small crack/break in one to cause what I think your seeing with your mirror. Trying to remove the mirror panel could result in breaking another or completely breaking a bad tab off.

Chris

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
I wouldn't try and disasemble it myself. It looks to be 4 small plastic hooks/clips. All it would take is a small crack/break in one to cause what I think your seeing with your mirror. Trying to remove the mirror panel could result in breaking another or completely breaking a bad tab off.

Chris
well the dealer has fixed a lot of other stuff but they will not budge on the mirror what do you think i should do. if i take it apart maybe something else will break and they will fix it :jester: :jester:. what actions should i take to get this repaired. thanks :upsidedow

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can seem to get the small mirror on the passenger side to move outside enough to get a good look on the side. In addition, the view seems so magnified that I cant tell the distance from my rear.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I could fold some cardboard and wedge it between the glass part of the mirror and the shroud but that seems so "bush league" of a fix on a $30,000 truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts