Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck just failed smog today and I know I need new catalytic converters. What are my options living in CA. I know there is a factory 80,000 mile warranty, but I have 81,993 miles! Go figure, right? Now I need to get this fixed ASAP....Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call Nissan, and i'm sure they will take care of you. Call the 1800 nissan number, Good luck.
I called the service center and they said there is nothing they could do for me since its over 80k miles. Im going to try the 800 number on Monday morning and hope for a bit more help from them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your other numbers are very good. Hard to see that being just a bad cat.
If it was a bad cat I would excpect the other numbers to be high as well. High NO is somemes due to running lean like lazy/bad O2 sensors, a dirty MAF sensor, or dirty/bad EGR. Do you have a K&N or other "high flow" filter? Have you cleaned the MAF sensor, PCV valves, and throttle body yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your other numbers are very good. Hard to see that being just a bad cat.
If it was a bad cat I would excpect the other numbers to be high as well. High NO is somemes due to running lean like lazy/bad O2 sensors, a dirty MAF sensor, or dirty/bad EGR. Do you have a K&N or other "high flow" filter? Have you cleaned the MAF sensor, PCV valves, and throttle body yet?
I have new O2 sensors below the cats, but that's it. Should I put a K&N filter? I'll clean the MAF sensor today. I thought it was the cats because there is a rattle under the drivers side that cat and I had to replace my IPMD and from what I've read it can cause the cats to go bad... Is that correct?
Throttle body and PVC, is that something I can handle on my own without much experience? I looked it up and it doesn't seem to hard

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have new O2 sensors below the cats, but that's it. Should I put a K&N filter? I'll clean the MAF sensor today. I thought it was the cats because there is a rattle under the drivers side that cat and I had to replace my IPMD and from what I've read it can cause the cats to go bad... Is that correct?
Throttle body and PVC, is that something I can handle on my own without much experience? I looked it up and it doesn't seem to hard
No don't get a k&n, they make it worse.

The O2 sensor before the cat's are what control the fuel. The ones after only read the gas and tell you if somethings wrong.

There are 2 PCV valves on our truck in the front of both valve covers. Unscrew them and spray with carb cleaner and also spray some into the lines.

The throttle bodsy remove the plastic intake tubing from the engine and spray out the butteryfly/intake.

Get some MAF cleaner and spray out the sensor near the air filter.

See if that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts