Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order my new tires, and am trying to decide between 285/70/17 or 295/70/17 in the Terra Grapplers. I am currently running the 285's, but can get either size for the same price. I wouldn't mind going with a slightly larger tire for a more aggressive look, but would like some input on those running the 295's. Pros/Cons...etc. Is it a noticeable visual difference? Performance? Mileage?

Also, for anyone that has ordered from Discount Tire via their ebay tire auctions, anyone have any problems? They are the cheapest I've found by far, but I don't want years old tires showing up at my doorstep. Does anyone know if their retail stores will price-match their ebay prices?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I immediately sold my OEM 265/70R18's on Graigs list for $460 then lifted my 2010 and put on Terra Grappler 295/70R18's, which was as wide as I could go with stock rims and the 4"spindle lift. They ride so much better the the stock Goodyears SRA's and look much better. The Bilsteins probably also helped the ride. They are quiet and still look brand new with 8000 miles on them. I think with proper rotations, they will last 50K. I bought them on line at Nerf Bars, Suspension Lift Kits, LOWEST PRICES Lift Kits - Truck Accessories for $960 free shipping, no tax. They arrived a week later and a local shop mounted and balanced them for 15 a wheel. Great tires on the lifted Titan

Attachments

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I never had the 285's but love my 295's. My last set of toyo at's were a 275/60R20 and it made a big difference to me

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never had the 285's but love my 295's. My last set of toyo at's were a 275/60R20 and it made a big difference to me
Thanks for the input, you wouldn't happen to have a few pics of the 295's on your truck would you? It looks like we have somewhat similar setups so that would give me a good visual idea if it is what I'm looking for. Trying to search the forums by tire size is nearly impossible.

I'm also considering the Terra Grap's in that odd sized 285/75/17, but not sure if I really want a 34" tire.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
SH, are you running the P285 or the LT285 Terra Grapplers currently, and how are they in the rain?
And UA, how are your's in the rain?
My 34" LT305/70R17E's Terra's have poor rain and off road traction compared to the other tires I've run on the Titan, but after having them siped they have improved a lot, (on road in the rain), but nowhere as good as my siped LT295/70R17E Toyo M/Ts were. I've considered the 295 Terra for next time but ...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Every time I buy from discount tire I look for the best price I can find online, print it out and take it to the store. They have always matched anything I brought in. I would imagine doing that with your eBAY find would work too.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Every time I buy from discount tire I look for the best price I can find online, print it out and take it to the store. They have always matched anything I brought in. I would imagine doing that with your eBAY find would work too.
Thats what I did. Paid 938 otd.

Norcal: Absolutely no problems in the rain. You just reminded me to sipe them actually... Thanks!

Seahawks- Any other requests? lol BTW my backspacing is 4.75"

·
Registered
777 Posts
I immediately sold my OEM 265/70R18's on Graigs list for $460 then lifted my 2010 and put on Terra Grappler 295/70R18's, which was as wide as I could go with stock rims and the 4"spindle lift. They ride so much better the the stock Goodyears SRA's and look much better. The Bilsteins probably also helped the ride. They are quiet and still look brand new with 8000 miles on them. I think with proper rotations, they will last 50K. I bought them on line at Nerf Bars, Suspension Lift Kits, LOWEST PRICES Lift Kits - Truck Accessories for $960 free shipping, no tax. They arrived a week later and a local shop mounted and balanced them for 15 a wheel. Great tires on the lifted Titan
Looks good, just for future reference you could have run a 325/60/18 or 325/65/18 with no probs....Whoever told you 295 was the widest was not educated on a Titan. I ran 325's on factory wheels with CST Spindles with no issues.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the pics UA, that helps a lot, they look great. I think I'm ready for something a little different, so right now I'm pretty much debating between the 295's or the 285/75's... Haven't seen the 75's on a truck yet, but the added sidewall height w/o the width has me intrigued.

NorCal - I am currently running the P rated 285/70/17's. They are the only tires I've had beside the stock Bridgestone 245/75/17's that came OEM. They seemed to handle pretty well in the rain, but I was in Cali the majority of the time I had them so they didn't see too much wet stuff. They are bald as racing slicks right now and get loose pretty easy up here in the Northwest weather, but they lasted 50k miles so I can't complain too much. I will definitely have my next set siped per your recommendation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BMC, your right, I read all the info. could have gone 325's but price, using stock 8" wheels and not wanting too much of the "short, wide look" but a alittle more sidewall height, i went with the 295's. check the pic. that was as close as i thought it should be.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Thinkin' I'll get mine sipped this weekend or the next... Depends if either of my amps sell lol.

Your welcome guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts