Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up titantalk.

My current set up for the front is dirt king Uppers heimed, maxtrac spindle, procomp pro runner with moog 4x4 springs (no preload). I'm a 2wd 06.

two months ago I switched stock uppers and springs and removed the spacer no preload.

Now with current set up I'm what I believe maxing out the shock.
my droop is being limited to just barely over what my truck sits at. Say at a speed bump when the truck tries to come back up you will hear a thunk and the truck wont go any higher and with the dk uppers I should have plenty of play. Your Input on this?

soooooooo

talked with nick at dk (awesome guy) sent him pictures of the install and of the set up, and he couldn't see anything wrong. After mentioning I think its the shocks, he made a couple calls and can get me a set of icon coilovers without res for a GOOD chunk of change. (Fiancé would kill being we have a wedding to pay for).

talked with greg at prg (left a message he called back in a couple hours very informative person had a good 20 minute talk) he suggest 5100s top settings stock springs and a spacer, If I didn't want to fork the cash out for coilovers.

I asked greg about SAW's and he said he wanted to recommend those but they are currently not being made due to the company being bought out.

Dk PRG and TAP sell the FOX 2.0 Performance Series Coil-Over IFP, and TAP is letting them go for 700. Not much but a couple threads on these, But they meet halfway on the price.

I'm not looking for a set up that's going to let me mob trails. Maybe just something for when the yearly meet comes into town It wont sound like somethings going to bust through my fenders when I do the trail. I mostly use the truck to tow the boat (you hear the banging over everything when towing) and to get to work when weather doesn't let me take the bike.

I feel that if I go 5100s to stay level with the rear (4' block) I have to have the shocks on top perch and a 3" spacer putting me back in the same problem I have now I would assume. Say I want to go 6" in the back one day ill have to replace upfront again, and greg said with these bad *** uppers the 5100s wont really do the uppers justice.

Whats your opinions on what I should do? Is it true with aftermarket uppers ill need extended coilovers?

Sorry for the long post. I really do not want to make a bad choice and run into the current problem I'm already having.

I included a picture of the set up and as you can tell its not a coilbucket problem and removed my bump stop to make sure that wasn't it either

Attachments

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My opinion. I have bought my uca from Nick and will only buy suspension parts from him in the future. He has always answered every question. ( alot of nooby annoying ones) before I knew anything at all about our suspensions. great guy to deal with.
If you had the coin the icons aperently have an amazing ride on and off the road. Fox shocks are very good too. Depends I suppose on your price range and how much you off road. The 2.0 Fox's would be good if you don't off road much

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
man, I'd ditch those Pro-Junks like they were contagious. i ran them on my t for a year and a half. in that time, BOTh the originals snapped off at the upper stem. making removal a ***** and causing the lower mounts on the LCA's to need to be replaced.
Also, this may sound strange, but my current, rancho quick-lift coil and strut combos (Setting 7)
ride amazingly better than the pro-runners did. ANYTHING is a step up from the pro comp trash. they are nowhere in the realm of icons, (which are on my master 'eventually' list), but IMHO ANYTHING beats out the pro runners.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
and yes, not only do the pro-junks bang, but they break. I am also currently running with the sway bar deleted, which makes the ride better as well, if a little more body roll on long curves. going from top perch pro runners to the quick lifts did lose me some hieght in the front (2-3/8" over stock to 1-9/16") My 295/70/18s still clear BARELY, as long as i don't push the flex too hard, i don't rub. Will be rectifying soon, i like the coils on the ranchos better than the stockers as well. i say go for the best your wallet can stomach, help keep from being stuck in ever-suspension-work-in-progress flux like i seem to be..lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just got off the phone with mike at tap and looks like the 2.0s are not something recommended for my truck so now the big question. fox 2.5 or icon 2.5 lol

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
why not the fox 2.0's? I was about to suggest those.

I'm running Fox 2.5's from TAP, they are great shocks and I got an awesome deal and TAP took care of me on them, BUT i wish I had stayed with SAW or ICON. I used to have saws back in the day and loved them. But I had to try something new lol.

You can probably get icon 2.5's with no resi cheaper then the fox 2.5's, they only come in the resi flavor.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Ballin. you're gonna love them. BUT you should ship them to me instead, i'll send ya my used fox 2.5's with external resi and white powder coated springs.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
you should try Radflo. they have been "fixed" about their clunking issues and they perform well

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I personally would shell out a few 100 more for icons over radflo even if they are "fixed"

Reactions: GalaxyPro4X11

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
you should try Radflo. they have been "fixed" about their clunking issues and they perform well

When was this so called fix. Cause I just sent some back

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
huge thanks to mike at total automotive performance these things look amazing and cannot wait to get them installed. Big thanks to nick at dirt king and greg at prg for input on my situation. im hoping they fix my problem and will update this forum soon. (tomorrow).

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts