Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have an 08 Pro-4x with Bilstein 5100s on the stock ride height setting (which is a .5" lift from what I have read.

I want to lift it a little. I park in the garage and only have 5 inches to spare so nothing crazy.

I went to 4 Wheel Parts and they told me NOT to use a spacer, just adjust my shocks and it would cost $447.34 with alignment.
https://sli.mg/8InhZ0

Discouraged with the price, and after reading that the highest ride height on the 5100s is a bad idea I thought that this kit looked good: The PRG Mini lift 1.5" front 1" back. PRG Products. I am assuming that my local mechanic that does all my repairs could install it no problem. But would I also need an alignment?

I thought about installing it myself. I installed my KN Air intake, but I am NOT good at working on cars. I watched this youtube
and it looked like something I would get stuck on.

I'm getting kinda discouraged as the whole thing seems kind of expensive. What your advice?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
IMO, purchase the kit from Greg and have a mechanic install. You realize, if you have it installed your going to want bigger tires to fill the wheel wells? Hence adding more expense.

Reactions: 951jimbo

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Buy a 1.5" solid Billet aluminum spacer for abut $50 and a 1" solid billet aluminum rear block with ubolts for about $65 off ebay and you will basically get the same kit as the PRG one for way less money. The install is actually pretty easy, I never had any experience at i, and did mine myself. unbolt the sway bar end link, jack up truck, take tire off, remove lower bolt on shock mount, remove 3 upper bolts holding strut in the coil bucket, pull strut assembly out, bolt spacer on top, rotate strut assembly 180, and reverse proceedure. Repeat on other side. For the rear,put block under wheels so they don't move unbolt and remove ubolt on one side, jack truck up by spring (wheel and axle stay on ground) jack it up enough to slide block in between frame and axle, lower truck put on new ubolt and tighten them up. repeat for other side. Front should take a couple hours because its your first time, rear should take about an hour.

Yes you do want an alignment when you are finished

Also the Bilsteins are not .5" higher on the bottom setting, that is stock height. the old version of the Bilsteins (pre 09) were .5" taller, they changed the spring mount in 2010 and thus the difference in height changed. Newer Bilsteins are - 0 bottom setting, 1" middle setting and 2" top setting.

Reactions: Ed270 and 951jimbo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the advice guys... I may go look at ebay and see what is available.

Thanks Fishn, I may try the install.

Bender, I'm going to need new tires next year, and my wife and I always spend a little money on ourselves around Christmas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Pretty much what Fish said above. that would be your cheapest and easist route to go. or if you have the budget some coilovers would be good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went with a PRG Mini Lift on my 2013 Titan and love it. 1.5" Front and 1" rear block. MY mechanic asked me who I bought the parts from and I said PRG. He said the product was top notch. I did the Front lift my Self and had him install the blocks. My jack wasn't tall enough to the the rears.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just bought this on Amazon. I'll try the front and then decide if I want to raise the back at all.

If I get stuck I'll come back with pictures for help!

Supreme Suspensions - Nissan Titan Leveling Kit 1.5" Front Lift Aircraft Billet Strut Spacers (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L0LU61A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tJZgybQDP8EVA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That'll be fine for you. The ride will be a little more harsh, but that's okay if it doesn't bother you. I ran the SS leveling kit on my old '04. With the spacer and 5100s, you may get a little bit of coil bucket contact. If so, you'll have to upgrade your upper control arms as well. If you're having a mechanic do the work, you may consider getting the UCAs replaced from the start to save you money and time.

Reactions: 951jimbo

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
4wheel parts is right, spacers do hurt the ride. But the 1.5" won't be enough to make it noticeable. If you do a spacer, also get taller bumper stops so you don't over compress the Bilsteins and blow them out. also cheap insurance from eBay. get the cone style ones. PRG sells them too.

adding spacers and taller bump stops is a pretty simple task. common hand tools are all thats needed. when people say it took them 30 minutes, its true, not an exaggeration. lol unless you're adding a 4" spacer on your stock setup

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
it goes on you lower control arm. when the suspension compresses it stops the compression. they are taller so they keep the Bilsteins from over compressing and blowing out. they like to do that if you run the 5100's with a leveling kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts