Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. I had a corvette with a competition stereo in it. I removed it and sold off most of it. Here is what I have left:

Dynaudio System 360 [7",5", tweeter]
Dynaudio System 220 MKII [5", tweeter] + Extra for Center Channel

JL 450/4 Amplifier

Now, I simply love the DynAudio gear. It's probably the best speakers I've heard, bar none. I have the RF system in my LE Crew Cab, and would love to upgrade it.

So, given what I have.... is there enough room to get it to fit in the doors? Or should I just ebay it and get some smaller components?

-bw

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Dynaudio is very nice stuff!!! I dont blame you for wanting to keep them. Do you have the 340 or 360 because the 360 uses a 8" woofer.

If you really want to keep thse then James (tech12volts)could make you some kicks and you could mount the 7" in the door, the 5" in the foot area and the tweeter in the dash. It would be expensive though...

Are you going to keep the stock head unit?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Considering my CDT is probably too big to fit effectively in the kick as a 4" a 5" will be tight but I will let tech chime in on that.

I would be very hard pressed to give up those DynAudio setups, they make some awesome stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Well as you all know I have said many times how Dynaudio have been my personal choice for comps . I have them and thought I would have them in every vehicle I Own . My next vehicle will have Boston Acoustics SPZ60s. They have more midbass than my dyns and the tweeter is close not quite as smooth but I have dual 30 band eqs to clean it up. I will also run a 4 inch mid with this set of spz60s . And of course all will be run active.

The 7 inch will fit in the door with some work. the 5 inch in the kicks will go but i will not build them without having the truck at my shop. Im sure theres an installer somehwere near you that can pull that is off. Tweeter i would plkace in the a pillars

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
brianw21 said:
I need some advice. I had a corvette with a competition stereo in it. I removed it and sold off most of it. Here is what I have left:

Dynaudio System 360 [7",5", tweeter]
Dynaudio System 220 MKII [5", tweeter] + Extra for Center Channel

JL 450/4 Amplifier

Now, I simply love the DynAudio gear. It's probably the best speakers I've heard, bar none. I have the RF system in my LE Crew Cab, and would love to upgrade it.

So, given what I have.... is there enough room to get it to fit in the doors? Or should I just ebay it and get some smaller components?

-bw

You could do the 7" in the door and the 5" and 1" in the A-Pillar with a little glass.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
tech12volt said:
Well as you all know I have said many times how Dynaudio have been my personal choice for comps . I have them and thought I would have them in every vehicle I Own . My next vehicle will have Boston Acoustics SPZ60s. They have more midbass than my dyns and the tweeter is close not quite as smooth but I have dual 30 band eqs to clean it up. I will also run a 4 inch mid with this set of spz60s . And of course all will be run active.
You say that now but just wait.... haha jk man I couldnt resist!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Im too lazy to look it up, but what is the depth of the drivers for the dyn?

I love Dyn too.. I have never owned a pair but have auditioned them and liked them very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.