Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone . . . I'm graduating from college in May and have a job lined up, so I'm looking for a new car and I'm really thinking hard about the Titan. I'm probably going to take a test drive soon and if I like it I'm going to order it, but I need some advice on what you think the essential options packages/trim levels are. I don't want to shell out a lot of money for options and packages I don't need, but I also don't want to be left without something that is absolutely necessary. Right now I'm leaning towards an SE but don't really know which options packages to consider . . . any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
It all depends on what is important to you. I wanted an SE with bench seats, the off road package, Utilitrac system, and of course the Rockford Fosgate! Gotta get the Rockford Fosgate!

·
Registered
47 Posts
that all depends

what are you going to use it for, where do you live, does it snow... this is more an issue of what YOU need, not what others think you need.

For me I wish I could get one with a manual trans, and I hate not shifting, and that is part of the reason that I havent purchased one yet but for me an SE with the utility package would be what I would get, as I am in cali, I dont need 4 wheel drive or locking diffs, I never ski, or "play in the snow", I am rarely off the freeway... so yeah...

it is more dependant on what you need, and what you are going to use it for.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
ZPhil,

It really depends on what your looking for in the truck.

If you just want a nice basic full size truck with the power of the Titan you can probably get an XE at close to invoice rather easily with the Popular Pkg (6 Disc CD) and call it that.

The Line-X or Rhino Bed add-on later is what nowadays---$300-$400
And to add a Class III hitch later in the nieghborhood of $300.

All in all, you would end up with a 'handy' truck sportin that nice 5.6L V8 and its roar and still be able to 'work' with it a bit (Tow up to 5k pds and haul without bed damage).

IF your looking for something you know your gonna keep till the end of a loan...go SE or LE...the comforts and options will keep your value higher over the long haul.

Chris

·
Registered
230 Posts
Since you're graduating from college i'd assume you're around 22-23. This would also lead me to believe you're looking for something sporty and fun. Cant' go wrong with the 5.6 engine and captains chairs for that. Also i'd assume you're not married and don't have any kids so the King Cab would be plenty big enough for you. That'll save you about $2000. And if you live in an area where you don't need 4wd that'll save you anther $2700 or so.

So at a minumum i'd say opt for the SE with the captains chairs and the RF Sound System. One thing to remember is that the XE model doesn't have power windows/doors and you can't get alot of other options like the captains chairs, RF system, Utili-trac pkg, tow pkg, etc.

If you are looking to tow less than 5000 lbs you can always add an aftermarket tow hitch later as mentioned in other posts.

Best of luck in your decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts