Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, Ive got an 06 titan se with tow pkg. and my pads are gone, instead of just getting new pads i was going to upgrade my rotors and pads to something better. my question is what do you guys think about the ebc ultimax blackdash rotors for the front and rear? also, what kind of pads would you suggest for use with them? I've seen posts about the power slots and the frozen, what are the pros and cons of either? there are a lot of options when it comes to pads and rotors and just want to make sure im not waisting my money.
Thanks for your input.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went with the Frozen Rotors and Hawks pads on my 06 SE/CC at 32K miles. I've got about 7K on them right now without any issues. There is an awesome writeup...Blackbeauty???....on the install.

Take care.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I am really happy with my Hawk LTS brake pads on OEM rotors. If your rotors are still good, save the money and just upgrade the pads this time to Hawk or EBC pads. When your rotors are shot, change them at that time. But IMO it's not worth the extra cash for aftermarket OEM-sized rotors on an '04-07 Titan. I paid $42 per rotor for my OEM ones, whereas EBC or Frozen are well over $100 per rotor (at least they were when I was shopping last fall). If you want to upgrade the rotors, my advice would be to get the '08+ brakes or stillen big brakes, but then you need new calipers too.

And here's the link to BB's write-up so you can DIY the installation. It's really easy to do, so don't waste your money paying someone to install them.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/84176-installation-frozen-rotors-hawk-pads.html

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been in the same boat as you for the past few months. I bought my truck used from a buddy, he had the replacment brakes/rotors from the dealer (a few sets). They worked fine, no steering wheel vibration at all. Until this fall we went to Colorado on a hunting trip, even though I had shifted down to 2nd on decent my brakes still heated up, and since then I've had severe vibration in the steering wheel.

I've been researching online (here and other places). Finally decided last night to get the Frozen rotors (smooth) and the Hawk LTS pads. I think this will work for my uses (daily driver, farm use-ie pulling trailers, tractor, etc). we will see.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts