Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a "good" used engine for my truck today since my original recently ate it's cats. I scored on a new set of nismo headers and want to know how I should do my exhaust. I dont care about easy bolt on, I can weld up my own pipes so I was thinking about getting a couple of the magnaflo cats and putting them half way between the collector on the headers and the downstream O2 sensors. After that I dont know what I should do. I've been looking at the flowmaster single muffler with the dual pipes out but dont know if thats the way to go.Is it ok to do a real dual exhaust on these trucks without bringing the 2 into 1? I want to take advantage of the headers but really dont want a loud truck, just a little rumble. I also dont know anything about the uprev or any of that computerized tuning stuff. I always thought the upstream O2 sensors and the mass airflow sensor let the computer know how to adjust the air/fuel ratio? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The real reason I got the headers is because I wanted to get the cats away from the heads so I dont have the same problem I have now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What year is your Titan? I would just go single side and get a 22" Magnaflow flow through muffler. With the headers you have now you still need to get UpRev to run properly, but tuning is not an issue because UpRev will do everything, you just need to do your logs, which is pretty simple. After your logs you email it to UpRev, they send it back, and you upload it to your ECU. If you go true duals I personally would go no bigger than 2.25" pipes solely to maintain torque. There should be some good info here and on Club Titan regarding your setup. I have had a real dual setup before, the Nismo true duals. With headers it ran a bit sluggish until I had everything tuned by UpRev, I needed more fuel. LOL

Out of curiosity, where did you get your Nismo headers.....?

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
You got Nismo headers????? Lucky SOB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Titan is an '04. I dont want to lose any torque and probably will go single side. I got the headers off ebay a couple nights ago (brand new). I made a couple offers on a set of used ceramic stillens and they wouldnt come down on price at all and the next morning I saw the nismo's, made an offer, and they accepted without countering it. $375 is what I paid, I guess I should have offered less.

By the way, we dont have any emissions testing or rules here in Iowa so I really wouldnt need to put cats back on it but I dont want the check engine light to be on or mess anything up. Is there any way around that? Also can I drive the truck without doing the uprev thing right away?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Titan is an '04. I dont want to lose any torque and probably will go single side. I got the headers off ebay a couple nights ago (brand new). I made a couple offers on a set of used ceramic stillens and they wouldnt come down on price at all and the next morning I saw the nismo's, made an offer, and they accepted without countering it. $375 is what I paid, I guess I should have offered less.

By the way, we dont have any emissions testing or rules here in Iowa so I really wouldnt need to put cats back on it but I dont want the check engine light to be on or mess anything up. Is there any way around that? Also can I drive the truck without doing the uprev thing right away?
i have dual bullets with an X pipe on mine, and it sounds amazing!!! check it out..

Reactions: jpac811
1 - 5 of 5 Posts