Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have the dreaded P0430 code and have a few question.

I know this code generally is related to bad cats, has anyone replaced/cleaned their o2 sensors and had luck with clearing this code? I am really at a standstill because I would like to go with LT headers but I cannot find a shop that will install them since they don’t have cats. With all the manifold cracking problems I am scared to even look for a used set with low miles from a junkyard.

The SES light doesn’t bother me as much as fearing my engine will suck back up some of the cat particles and cause engine damage.

So basically, I am looking for the cheapest way to get my truck back to safe working conditions… I hunt so having headers, b-pipes and exhaust really doesn’t interest me – I am only wanting the headers to eliminate the cat issue.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I would just replace the stock cats with some after market ones. I think the magnaflow cats are pretty good. Maybe someone else can give a better brand or option. I would I think that would be the cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have read I thought the cats could not be replaced since they were part of/so close to the exhaust manifold ?

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can go with LT headers, use your existing B-pipes or get custom ones built and weld in the cats on the b-pipes, and install the O2 sensors after the cats. Magnaflow cats have the bungs already welded in so you can just screw in your O2 sensors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know some guys have posted about the engine sucking back in some of the cat's debris, has this actually happened to anyone? The truck runs fine right now and doesn't sound like the manifold is cracked.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
He said he could not find anywhere to install Lts. because they did not have cats in them. Other way to go would be to get soem JBA shorties and some after market cats ... since the cat location would remain the same then the shops should be able to install them for you.

How many miles does your truck have on it? if it is under 80,000 and or 8 yrs then your cats/ manifolds can be replaced under warranty.

I am not sure if you can replace the cats on the stock manifold or .. I would think you can. But I could be wrong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts