Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my front end is getting noisier and ive narrowed it down to my hubs, pretty much sounds like a loud huming when coming to a stop I would say below 30mph. Needless to say im in the market for some hubs (just going to replace both) I know Timken gets thrown around a lot an ive decided to go ahead with them but when I look them up I dont get a positive yes as to if they will fit my truck. Anyhow whats everyone using? I have a 2012 SV 4X4 with a production date of 5/12 if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are the ones that I was looking at but the production date is off and also it states 2wd. Just wanna make sure they fit before I pull the plug on them.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
The 500703 fits 2007 and newer from what I've seen. 2WD or 4WD also does not matter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That what I figured I just couldn't find a clear answer and rock auto just says 2wd to 12/2011. Either way went ahead and ordered the driver and passenger last night. Hopefully they get here quick. And of course last night they only listed the SP500703. Jumped back on this morning to check my order and they have the SP500705 which says 4wd from 12/2011 and it's cheaper. Great.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Huh, I didn't know they had a newer part out. I've never seen that model number. Could try calling Timken and asking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huh, I didn't know they had a newer part out. I've never seen that model number. Could try calling Timken and asking.
I thought about that but i figured what the heck I ordered them already I'll see what they look like when they get here. I was able to check another site and on that site it actually says 2wd or 4wd all 2012 so I think I'm in the clear with them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update for everyone and also a bit of information, the hubs were the correct size and my rotor fit on like a glove which is good because I was afraid there was going to be issues with size. The only thing that I had major issues with (and it wasn't really an issue to me) was of course the plugs for the ABS were completely different styles. Because I ordered them online I didn't want to bother with shipping back and waiting again so I went ahead and cut my plugs off and cut the plugs off the new ones and tied into it. Worked like a charm and it feels way better for some reason the steering feels tighter, cant say it took care of the noise that I am still hearing though 100% which is wired because everything else looks good on the truck and I only have 30k on it. I know I changed my hubs way early but I could hear grinding and clicking coming from the passenger side hub when I had it in the air and was free spinning the tire which is what mainly led me to think that the noise was coming from my hubs. I don't think it could be my tires but then again who knows, I run a BFG KO2 but I swear when I had my Nitto's my truck was already making this noise. Its only when coming to a stop from 40mph below just sounds like im on a huge mud tire. I had my truck racked last week and we ran it in the air to see if we could hear or see anything but everything checked out besides the passenger hub grinding and clicking. I guess my main concern is if its something major I would like to take care of it before it gets worse other than that if it is the tires I can live with the noise I just dont think its normal.

·
Registered
919 Posts
What about your u-joints? They make a grinding noise when you spin your tire. The ones I changed on my 06 were making a ton of noise.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about your u-joints? They make a grinding noise when you spin your tire. The ones I changed on my 06 were making a ton of noise.
The grinding went away along with the clicking with the replacement of the passenger hub. All I have know is the mud tire hum when slowing down to a stop. Happens from like 40mph to 35mph down. Thinking a bearing somewhere else but I don't know and it sounds like it's the front but I guess could travel from the rear, the wired part about it is when it was in the air in gear free spinning both two wheel and four wheel nothing was heard. Starting to think it's my tire wheel combo or I'm just crazy or both haha

·
Registered
289 Posts
Have you checked your tire wear? Or notice if the sound changes when tires are rotated?

Reason I ask is I have a '05 replaced both front bearings, lower ball joints, coil springs and shocks.

Got it aligned after said work and got a new set of tires and ran good for a month or so and then the tires cupped a little and I had the hum right back. I just turn up the radio and keep my tires rotated.

Seems these front ends with the independent suspension 18" wheels and a full size truck it is hard to keep tire hum at bay.

In the future I would like to ideally get a set of 17" wheels and throw a different brand of tire and maybe a little heavier ply to see if they cup also.

Came out of the alignment shop fine and talking it over with the tire shop they said the cupping wasn't excessive and would clear up on rotation.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you checked your tire wear? Or notice if the sound changes when tires are rotated?

Reason I ask is I have a '05 replaced both front bearings, lower ball joints, coil springs and shocks.

Got it aligned after said work and got a new set of tires and ran good for a month or so and then the tires cupped a little and I had the hum right back. I just turn up the radio and keep my tires rotated.

Seems these front ends with the independent suspension 18" wheels and a full size truck it is hard to keep tire hum at bay.

In the future I would like to ideally get a set of 17" wheels and throw a different brand of tire and maybe a little heavier ply to see if they cup also.

Came out of the alignment shop fine and talking it over with the tire shop they said the cupping wasn't excessive and would clear up on rotation.
Tires I got about four months ago if that, they just rotated them for me when I got my rims last week and he did mention they were barley cupping in the front. I didn't notice a difference in the noise though. I want to get it re aligned just to be sure everything is good on that end since I went with a wider rim.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to mention I don't drive her everyday and only put about fourteen miles on it if I do drive it other than that she's a driveway decoration for my house. Tire wear is minimal but I guess enough to see that they were cupping. It might be one of those thing to just forget about and turn the radio up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts