Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi

I hate for my first post to be a problem but i need some help. I have a black 07 LE Crew cab 4x4 and i love it but i recently just drove cross country on it and ever since the trip i have been noticing a Clicking noise. it seems to be getting worse and worse. At first it was just when shifting into reverse but now it will do it at a foward take off aswell. It will click once when i shift into reverse( not moving just putting it into gear) but then as soon as i give it gas and start going backward it will go click click click then after a few clicks it will stop and will reverse smoothly. and sometimes when i come to a stop at a red light and take off again ill hear the same click.

i brought it to the dealer and they said it was the rear brake clicking into place. But i am almost certain its not the rear brakes. its pretty loud and sounds like somthing is broke.

the truck drives great all other times the only thing that is bothering me is the damn clicking

·
Registered
682 Posts
my 06 was making some similar noises. after about two weeks i took it to the dealer and it ended being that the leaf springs were not torqed tight enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i listened to it closely today and its definatlly not comming fromt he leaf springs....anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
682 Posts
sorry i couldnt be n e more help man.....take it to the dealer let them fight it thats why you got a warranty right?:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
first time here also. o4 titan was a lemon, dealer took back after 40,000 miles put me in an 07 for next to nothing. My 07 XE king cab 4X4 started doing the very same thing you described. Took it to dealer today, they said they have no idea. They are calling the tech hot line for help. let me know what you find out. By the way i only have 3,600 miles on this one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
definatly keep me updated on that... i only have 7,800 miles on it. and the clicking is definatly progressing. it will click in reverse, click on foward take offs, click on deceleration....

everything else is great , i love the truck just wish i could get the gclicking sorted

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have an 07 CC SE 4X4 with the exact same symptoms. I thought it was the rear diff. seeing a lot of people had issues. Mine started at about 2,000 miles and has gotten worse and now has 6,000 miles. I think it might be ujoints in the axle. Started out just in reverse now taking off and then as you drive down the road it goes away. The truck runs great, but that click, click, click as I back up or drive off bugs me....

·
Registered
21 Posts
this 07 is much better than my 04. i don't understand our trucks haveing the exact symptoms described to a tee and tech's not haveing any idea how to fix the problems. as i drive it stops clicking on take offs, but if i put it in park or reverse, it will start again. i told the service writter about these "windup clips and leaf spring torque" ideas, but i don't think he relayed them to the tech. hopefully one of us will get the problem figured out. i even put shackles on my leaf springs to pre-load the suspension and it still did the same clicking. it does it in 4lo and 4hi also. all these experiments have not changed the clicking. 1:30 pm nissan said bring truck in on monday next week. they were told by the tech line to swap out the drive shaft with another 07 on the lot, then some other test that the service writter could not explain. maybe one of your trucks will get fixed before then, let us know.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just searched twice for "Clicking Solved" and I cant find it? I just had my u-joints done, brakes etc and it's still clicking, I will search for the Clicking Solved thread.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ok i hope someone figures it out, cause mine is doing the same thing. i was thinking it is drive shaft noise, or u joints, but hopefully someone figures it out.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I can't say my 07 has ever done hat, but now that it's a topic I'm sre I will:ftard:

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had this clicking problem with my 04 titan and my mechanic found and fixed after a few days in shop 3yrs ago.. it was a problem with emergency brake conection to the rear wheels with a broken pad. that solved it no more clicking..

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
It's not the wheel covers, is it? That was an issue on the '07's with the "chrome package"....

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
I believe your clicking isnt a brake, tranny, or shock problem(or whatever else has been thrown out). It sounds like the sound i have.:ugh: It's more along the lines of a relay or some sort of electrical "clicking". Is it around your column....maybe more towards the left?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I just noticed the same problem.. You can hear it going into reverse and foward, but once your going it goes away. I had my wife sit in the drivers chair and put in drive and reverse while I was under the truck. I can feel the clunk on the drive shaft... feels stronger at the rear part of the drive shaft by the u-joints. I may change them out just to see if it fixes it... they are cheap anyway.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Guys this was an old thread and mine did the same thing. Nissan on some assemblies didn't lubricate the rear axle very well. Gene had a nissan engineer come out, they lubricated it and gone. All I did with mine was pull on the drive train up and down and gone it's been 13 months with no clicking. Here is the clicking solve thread http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/64811-clicking-solved.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts