Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one ever heard of stacking a 2.5' daystar kit on top of a 6' procomp....i guess its like building a 8' kit?....any input from any1

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
jf1335 said:
has any one ever heard of stacking a 2.5' daystar kit on top of a 6' procomp....i guess its like building a 8' kit?....any input from any1

Don't do it. I have read many threads about daystar being bad so I would not recommend that you install it on top of a lift. The best person to advise you on this is Greg from PRG Products here is the link. Calling him would probably work the best.

http://www.prgproducts.com/index.php
United Productions Phone: 951.780.5331
Email Jen: [email protected]
Email Greg: [email protected]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, cuz my mechanic at 4wheel parts said i could do that instead of a body lift cuz i want 37's, but i dont wanna mess anything up

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
First of all, if you are 4WD, the 8" CST kit mentioned in the last post is for a 2WD.

Second, if you only have the ProComp Stage 1 Kit, then stacking a spacer ontop of the PC Spacer is a huge "No-No".

If you have the PC Stage 1 and have added a set of coilovers (Radflo, SAW, etc.) OR if you have the PC Stage 2 with the PC coilovers, you CAN add a spacer on top of that coilover. That does require you to add new Upper Control Arms though, or your UCA's will be hitting the coil buckets. The spacer isn't the ordinary "leveling" spacer though, it does require a 'special' spacer in order for things to work correctly, that Greg can machine for you.

You may want to read through this thread:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ech-spindles-w-pc-lift.html?highlight=spindle

Greg stated:

"You cannot add any type of spacer to the coilovers on either Fabtech or PC kit. If you add the upper a-arms, we can machine a custom spacer to fit (it's a bit thicker for the FT kit). One gives just under an inch for the PC kit and upper arms, the other is about 1.5" of lift for the FT kit and upper arms. But any leveling kit is just way too much and the coilovers are desigend to offer the max lift possible with out the upper arms hitting the coilbucket."

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man, but i have the stage 2 kit, and they told me if i added the spacer on top that everything would be fine, i wouldnt have to change anything out it would just have a stiffer ride. what is ur guys input.....

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
jf1335 said:
but i have the stage 2 kit
and I already addressed that...

54warrior said:
OR if you have the PC Stage 2 with the PC coilovers, you CAN add a spacer on top of that coilover. That does require you to add new Upper Control Arms though, or your UCA's will be hitting the coil buckets. The spacer isn't the ordinary "leveling" spacer though, it does require a 'special' spacer in order for things to work correctly, that Greg can machine for you.

You may want to read through this thread:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ech-spindles-w-pc-lift.html?highlight=spindle

Greg stated:

"You cannot add any type of spacer to the coilovers on either Fabtech or PC kit. If you add the upper a-arms, we can machine a custom spacer to fit (it's a bit thicker for the FT kit). One gives just under an inch for the PC kit and upper arms, the other is about 1.5" of lift for the FT kit and upper arms. But any leveling kit is just way too much and the coilovers are desigend to offer the max lift possible with out the upper arms hitting the coilbucket."

an old member who has since sold his truck, SmokenMini, had the PC Stage 2, and had the custom machined spacer from Greg. He also had the TC upper arms.

The new UCA's are a necessity.

You are going to have problems if you put the regular leveling kit on the PC coilover and have stock UCA's. You'll probably have issues even if you do have UCA's when you use the regular/run of the mill level kit spacer.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/38000-lift-pics.html

Note that the TC's aren't shown in that picture, he added them later on because the stock UCA's were hitting the coilbuckets. He told me that himself.

jf1335 said:
and they told me if i added the spacer on top that everything would be fine, i wouldnt have to change anything out it would just have a stiffer ride. what is ur guys input.....

Also, you say "they told me...." Who is "they"???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my mechanics at 4wheel parts. But i just went up there and talked with them and they said i DO have to change out the arm, and that the spacer u r talkin about is the only 1 that will work, thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Glad we could be of help. Hopefully it prevented you from purchasing the wrong parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts