Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are some good brands of 10 inch subs that wont cost an arm and a leg.
Im not going for competition sound but some that will sound nice with all different kinds of music. Ive got a kicker amp that is...i think 600 watts, what kind of subs would be good for that amp :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tech, that would be sweet. But my buddy at work gave me his old box for free...nowhere near your quality or sound im sure, but he sold his Titan and asked if i wanted it. So im just trying to find out what kind of subs to put in it. He had some JL's in it but he took those with him :crying: , and I dont want to spend too much cash on some subs, but i do want it to sound good....by the way the great thing about this box is the subs fire up into the seat instead of the floor. His truck used to rock but im not sure of what kind of amp he had tho. Would the amp i have be good enough for some 10's

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Do you know the airspace that the box is? It would really help to know what JL's he had in there before.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
t22a80 said:
Do you know the airspace that the box is? It would really help to know what JL's he had in there before.
Dont know the air space or what kind of JL's he had. He said he had some Sony 10's that i could throw in there for now, untill i can go out and buy a decent pair.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Did the the JL's have black or silver cones?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They had a black cone.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I know some die-hard "boom-boom" fans will squawk at this, but I had a 10" sony sub in my Silverado before I traded it in on my Titan. It sounded great to me. I think it cost me around $80.00 and I got it from Wal-Mart. Actually, I still have it and am not using it - we could probably work something out if you want. It may be cheaper for you to go to Wal-Mart and see what they have.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
They were probably w3's then. They could have been w6 but those are deep and dont work in most boxes.

I'd ask him how much airspace and what sub he used.

·
Registered
940 Posts
You don't need to ask him, just measure your box to determine the airspace. Post the dimensions here if you don't know how to figure the airspace. Post a pic of the box if you can. What is the max depth available?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts