Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my first Titan in December, trading in my '04 F-150 STX. I now have a '14 pro4x CC. I have plans to level and buy new wheels sometime but believe I will stay with 18's and just moving to an 18x9 with a -12 offset to give a more aggressive stance. I will stay with a 33" tall tire and may stay with the factory 275/70R18 size. I have put over 8000 miles on in two months and the factory tires are roached!! I drive a lot due to my job, so I want something that will last, but also get off-road in some decent mud (read: axle deep or more) from time to time. What do you recommend??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have the bfg ko all terrains and they do well in everything, mud does get caked in the tread however. The km2 bfgs are the best tires I've ever owned but they are pricey for 18 inch rims. Also popular are the nitro Terra grapplers and trail grapplers as well as Goodyear duratracs.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
A lot of street driving and an off road tire usually don't mix well. More aggressive treads wear a lot quicker. A lot of people like the wrangler Duratracs, I have the BFG AT's which I love but don't handle well in wet conditions (ice, snow, rain, etc.) If you want a mud terrain tire, Toyo MT's in my opinion look the best and do the best in mud. BFG Mt's are also a good choice I believe. But if you want a mix of both then I would suggest BFG AT's, BFG KO2, or wrangler duratrac all have been tested and determined to be decent tires.

Reactions: COREYMFT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have experience with the Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx? It looks decently aggressive and I've seen it advertised with a 65000 mile warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just put a set of QR900 Gladiators on mine. So far happy with em and the research I did they got decent reviews especially for the money. There's a set of 33x12.50x18s on ebay for 883 shipped.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'll throw Toyo AT2's in the mix with the KO2 and Duratracs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts