Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just need some advice for a new set of rear shocks for the Titan. I just recently installed the 2" mini lift on the front and went ahead and replace the struts with the Bilstein HD. I plan on putting on the 1" blocks for the rear cuz it doesnt' look quite level so i figured i'd replace the rears as well. What do you suggest? Any and all advice is welcomed. Thanx

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Hey all,
Just need some advice for a new set of rear shocks for the Titan. I just recently installed the 2" mini lift on the front and went ahead and replace the struts with the Bilstein HD. I plan on putting on the 1" blocks for the rear cuz it doesnt' look quite level so i figured i'd replace the rears as well. What do you suggest? Any and all advice is welcomed. Thanx
Replace the backs with Bilstein HD's as well. That's the best for a truck that is close to stock for the price.

After that, you're looking at a budgetary decision if you're going with something higher end.

Radflo's or Sway a Way would be a next step.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Check out ICON.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i just ordered some 5125 bilstiens from prg and they made a huge difference in the ride, they were around 200.00 the icons are a few bucks more, if you dont do alot of off roading thats what i would do..

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I've ran both the 5125's and the Icon's on the rear and liked the both a lot. My impression is the 5125's are a little firmer and might be better for towing. They were my first mod to my Titan and made it feel like in was on rails when on decent pavement. The Icon's seemed a little plusher, on road and off, yet still had more control than stock. They are fine for towing too, but if I was going to be towing a lot I would choose the PRGproducts.com 5125's. [Btw, Bilstein doesn't make a Titan specific 5125, and Greg modifies the mounts to fit the Titan, so don't buy them elsewhere unless you want to deal with the mounts yourself].

Also, I read some bad reviews, on here, on the Bilstein HD rear shocks, even though the front struts are great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts