Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Mr Toad (my Avitar) has been relocated and is no longer our family out door pet. My Daughter's friend, a 8 year old neighbor girl discovered that a great big toad from the pet store (African giant toad) cost $500 and her Dad would not buy her one. She cried all weekend - So - my toad is now enjoying his own 55 gal terarium and all the pet store crickets she can stuff him with at her house. It is like winning the lottery for the big fella. So - what should I use for a new Avitar - Hey Hellinut - maybe you can make me one that is cool and moves around and does stuff? All (polite) suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the vote of confidence! 7 more days until graduation from Nursing school (Yes - I passed everything - Yea!) And then I need to take the dreaded NCLEX state licensing exam to add that RN after my name. Then I would be comfortable with such a magnificent avitar. Until then I just may have to stick with a toad that I don't own anymore (but I do have visitation privilages! LOL!)

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
What about those bearded dragons you were gonna get for your daughter? Did you ever get one?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Yellomantis - Yes - the Dragon issue - Still waiting for the wife to give the idea her blessing. It seems she did not mind the toad OUTSIDE the house - but has her own hesitations abut a lizard INSIDE the house. My daughter and I are still trying to win her over to the idea. Her birthday is on the 26th - so she is trying REALLY hard to convince Mom. She really wants her own mini dinosaur!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
royr said:
Hi Yellomantis - Yes - the Dragon issue - Still waiting for the wife to give the idea her blessing. It seems she did not mind the toad OUTSIDE the house - but has her own hesitations abut a lizard INSIDE the house. My daughter and I are still trying to win her over to the idea. Her birthday is on the 26th - so she is trying REALLY hard to convince Mom. She really wants her own mini dinosaur!
What's bothering her about it being inside the house? Does she think it will become an eyesore? Here's my enclosure. Show this to her, she may just like the look.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yellomantis - WOW - That is the nicest lizard house we have ever seen! My wife says that is practically funature. Her reservations are comming from 1) smell and 2)fear of the little dude getting loose and crawling on her. She has the same reservations about the ferret we baby sat last summer. How can I get her past this - my Daughter was born in the year of the Dragon (2000) and she really wants one

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Oh Royr you have the wrong guy for avatars!! That is Konigfritz!! He is the avatar god of Titantalk. Thanks for airing my head up only to be deflated by yours truly. What ever happend to the dolphin one you had??

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sold my beach house to move north for nursing school 2 years ago. I don't have Dolly hanging around my dock anymore to play with me. Here in NY I don't even have a dock. Nowhere near the ocean anymore. I miss it. Now I am down a Dolphin and a very large toad in my quest to help humanity. At least I will have my nursing licence soon. I graduate in 6 days!

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Maybe This??

Attachments

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
royr said:
Yellomantis - WOW - That is the nicest lizard house we have ever seen! My wife says that is practically funature. Her reservations are comming from 1) smell and 2)fear of the little dude getting loose and crawling on her. She has the same reservations about the ferret we baby sat last summer. How can I get her past this - my Daughter was born in the year of the Dragon (2000) and she really wants one
Well, let me answer a couple fer ya.

1) Smell can be controlled by vigilant cleaning of the enclosure. When they poop, usually every 2-3 days, clean it up right away and it won't smell. I used ceramic tile in my enclosure for sanitary reasons. It's a lot easier to keep clean, as long as you keep up on it.

2)Get a good enclosure like mine, or one like it, and you won't have to worry about it getting out. Vision makes an awsome enclosure, I wish I saw that one before I dropped $200 on mine. Beardies are very tame reptiles by nature, they are never agressive. They actually prefer the company of humans.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Wow, talk about hijackin' your own thread!!

Go from New Avatar, to pet care!!! LMAO!!!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts
Same way you did the last one.... :lol:

Save it to your hard drive as a .gif. Go into "user cp" and select "edit avatar". Click "browse" and locate it on your hard drive. Then just "save changes" and it should show up.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it! Thanks!!! What do you think of the new avitar?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts