Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did my 12k miles oil change yesterday, i printed out the list of to do's from nissan website, and performed them, when i checked my airfilter,"oem" it had oil on it and was absolutely filthy....... i know thats not right..... is it?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
That's probably just black grit you see and not oil, unless you are using a K&N filter or Fram air hog. There is no recirculation of burnt gases going through the filter.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
K&N, Fram Air Hog, and I believe Purolators performance drop in are all oiled filters when new. The only dry air filter, other than paper OEM replacements, is the Amsoil.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
bestatchess said:
The oem filters are oiled.

Just becuase the plastic wrapping has an oily film, doesn't mean the OEM filter is oiled. Until I see it in print from Nissan or other OEM replacement paper air filter maunfacturers, I say it is dry.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
You can ignore the oil coating Nissan's air filters. You can wipe your fingers on a brand new Nissan air filter fresh from the package and ignore the oil on your finger tips. You can even say that the earth is flat, and that the sun revolves around the earth.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I can copy and paste maybe twenty articles on OEM Paper air filters, all of them say they are dry, but you say otherwise. Find proof of your statement that OEM Nissan air filters are preoilded and I'll concede.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts