Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Titan has the OEM drop-in bedliner. I have recently decided that I would like to install the Bedrug kit, the full kit that covers the sides and tailgate too.

I have inferred that I would need to remove the drop-in liner.

Anyone have experience with installing a full Bedrug kit in a Titan that had the drop-in bedliner?

Am I going to uncover anything cool like Utilitrak mounts, bed light holes, power outlets?

Just want to make sure I am correct in needing to pull out the OEM bedliner

·
Premium Member
74,538 Posts
If it has any options it would have access holes in the liner. I bet there's dirt and grit galore under the liner, maybe paint loss too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks y'all. I went ahead and ordered the Bedrug.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be nasty under the drop-in, it's been in there since Nov. 2006. I'll be sure to post a pic of what it looks like.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,209 Posts
it might not be horrible. when i took the drop in liner out of my 2001 frontier in 2018, the only area that the paint was worn through was where it went over the tops of the bed sides. there was some build up of dirt/debris down by the front wall but i just sprayed it out with the hose and a big broom to loosen it up and out it came. the paint was still a pretty green.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed full bed rug in my 2007 when I had it, best decision I ever made, you will love it!!!

Make sure to remove any plastic cover on the tailgate otherwise it will not stick correctly
Awesome, thanks for the tip.

My truck has a Leer capper and we use it a lot for camping and overlanding, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. Everyone seems to love their Bedrug, and I was always trying to figure out how to make the back more comfy for what we use it for.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan SV
111 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the tip.

My truck has a Leer capper and we use it a lot for camping and overlanding, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. Everyone seems to love their Bedrug, and I was always trying to figure out how to make the back more comfy for what we use it for.
My 2018 has utili-track and led lighting with factory spray in bed liner, so rather then cut full bed rug, I opted for Access drop in bed rug. This way I get all the led lighting and mounts etc and the comfy bed rug, and if ever need to, pop out bed rug and leave in garage.

I still prefer the full bed rug option over this hybrid approach

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 2018 has utili-track and led lighting with factory spray in bed liner, so rather then cut full bed rug, I opted for Access drop in bed rug. This way I get all the led lighting and mounts etc and the comfy bed rug, and if ever need to, pop out bed rug and leave in garage.

I still prefer the full bed rug option over this hybrid approach
Nice, I'm going for the full bed rug mainly to help with cool season camping.

I thought about the Bedrug mat, it was almost 4x cheaper, but I think I'll be happier with all sides and the tailgate being covered.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In case anyone was wondering if it'd be a rusty mess under an OEM drop-in liner after 16 years in the PNW:

Lift capper with blocks:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Grille

Pulling liner out:
Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Mesh Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Couple pounds of dirt, gravel and random weird stuff:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

Wood Hood Rectangle Motor vehicle Road surface

Wood Textile Flooring Line Rectangle

Cleaned up:
Line Building Track Parallel Composite material

Outdoor bench Automotive tire Grille Bumper Motor vehicle

No rust to speak of. I was very surprised.The fiberglass capper has only been on the truck about 4 years, so for 12 years the truck bed was open to the elements, and I have always left the truck outside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts