Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search
but i didnt get REAL instructions on how to remove the dash face

with my old frontier
it had 2 screws on the bottom
and if you pulled off the knobs it pulled out

the Titan dash hos no screws (or does is)

i can pull the knobs off but i dont wanna pry with a screw driver and damage the plastic

can someone tell me what was successful for their install?
i have a Metra kit, double din
and i will be buying a double din touch pad stereo

i have the 6 disc changer and want to remove it but dont wanna damage the current face plate

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
baseballfanz said:
The radio bezel is just held on by clips. Start at one corner, maybe a flat blade help. Once the edge come out pull the whole things toward you.

x2...FYI...

I used a cheap plastic paint scraper to pry it open...the idea being...it would break before the dash did.

It took a surprising (slightly frightening) amount of force to get this piece off.

Just be careful and you should be fine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just replaced my HU. Grab the top of the bezel with your fingers and pull it does take some force but it will pop, once the top pops out then pull each side till it is off. You also don't have to pull off the control knobs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No just remove the bezel unplug everything behind the bezel, then there are only 4 crews holding the radio in.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This was very helpful. Thank you. I saw a previous thread where someone commented (paraphrased) that "if you do not know how to take it off, you should not be installing it yourself."

I am installing my new Kenwood DNX7100 myself and I appreciate the assistance.:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts