Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2005 LE with 110,000 3 weeks ago. Body is straight, motor and tranny seem good. My issue, water in the cab. So far I have found a leaking 3rd brake light, I replaced it, a bad weld in the front passenger firewall/ door jam area and a leaking back window. While I have everything torn apart is there anything else I should look for. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I found bad seams below the rear window also. Hard to seal, went to the store and bought a food injector and was able to push enough in to seams. Completely water tested the truck, all dry. I also used the injector to seal up the bad welds/seal spot on the passenger firewall and door jam area.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Look at the cabin vent and look for factory body panels unsealed from the factory. Remove back seats and carpet panel and have someone spray the rear of the cab and watch for leaks on the back wall. The water runs toward the front soaking the front driverside and passenger side due to the stance of the truck. Just got my 05 fixed and that's what I found.

·
Premium Member
20,955 Posts
As long as you have it torn apart I would add some sound insulation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, took it through the car wash and was completely dry so far. Putting on Bilsteins 5100s so I can adjust the stance a little. Once it gets a little warmer I might take off the bed and seal from the outside too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts