Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some jba shorties and people are now telling I'm gonna have to have pipe made to get them to connect to my exhaust. Should I cancel and get longtubes?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Hmm, i havent heard of this, but even so, im sure a shop could do it no problem with some tubing laying around.

Anybody else wanna chime in on this?

·
Premium Member
21,746 Posts
The shorties are designed to allow you to put the front set of catalytic converters back into the exhaust system. Those of us that have to pass emissions test need all four sets of catalytic converters. So log tube headers work work for us. The install of shorties is more difficult as you have to mate up to them with a welded set of cats, not a bolt on set.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
JBA headers are designed to have catalytic converters installed in the OEM primary cat position then you have to flange the exit to connect to the B pipe. If you do not have emission restrictions, you can eliminate the forward cat all together, weld on pipe to meet the length it takes to connect to the flanged B pipe. The only problem you will run into is that the stock B pipe has the O2 sensor in front of the secondary cats and your Titan will throw a catalyst system under threshold SES code. You will need O2 foulers, Up Rev tuning, Berk B pipes, or customize your own and swap the cat/O2 locations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts